Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

husband going first :(((

husband going first :(((

Old Sep 25th 2014, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

MegMac has a spectacular aura aboutMegMac has a spectacular aura aboutMegMac has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: husband going first :(((

We've just been through this.

OH left for NZ at the end of July and the kids and I only arrived 2 weeks ago. Sorting everything out myself was horrendous, like you I had no family to help and the kids didn't even have school to keep them busy as it was the summer holidays.

The whole thing was so stressful I will never move again! Ever! I ended up feeling really resentful towards OH for having left me to do everything. There were some fairly profanity laden texts and emails sent to him and for someone who doesn't ever swear I think he realised it was really bad. Thankfully that is all over and on a practical level there was no choice but to do it that way, but never again.

On the plus side we all missed OH loads, despite the profanity laden texts, and being together again has been wonderful.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: husband going first :(((

I'm not in quite the same situation as we don't have children, but OH left on the 4th of this month to start his job with the RNZAF and i'm joining him in December. Fortunately the time difference makes it a little easier for arranging to speak on Skype. It's not fun having to tie up all the ends here... Shipping belongings, bank and dog, but also I know i'm lucky as he was air force here and we are used to being apart, still difficult, so I can only sympathise to all of you being apart when you have a family on top of it all!!