Howdy folks....

Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:24 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Howdy folks....

Hi all...

Just popped in for a quick helloooooo...how is everyone doing??

I was having a clear out of my (very untidy) study and came across my 'New Zealand' box...it fair brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat I can tell you...

I remember so well that wonderful feeling of being plucked out of the pool and the euphoria of hearing that ITA packet landing on the doorstep (well, almost, it went next door and the neighbours brought it round with raised eyebrows and an 'anything you'd like to share with us' smile on their faces - nosy b*st*rds!!)...

It all seems such a long time ago now...ah well, some things are just never meant to be I guess...

It's so nice to read all the success stories of those who were going through the process at the same time as we were (Planty, Bookemjano, Biddy, Joshlin, Markk, Paladin and numerous others!!) Well done to you all I say!!

Anyway, just checking in to say 'Hi' really!!...

ttfn
Caroline
x
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Howdy folks....

Hi Caroline,

We are gradually settling in to life in New Zealand, though do miss some things from England. How are you, what have you been upto?

Love Annie x.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hi all...

I was having a clear out of my (very untidy) study and came across my 'New Zealand' box...it fair brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat I can tell you...

I remember so well that wonderful feeling of being plucked out of the pool and the euphoria of hearing that ITA packet landing on the doorstep (well, almost, it went next door and the neighbours brought it round with raised eyebrows and an 'anything you'd like to share with us' smile on their faces - nosy b*st*rds!!)...

It all seems such a long time ago now...ah well, some things are just never meant to be I guess...

It's so nice to read all the success stories of those who were going through the process at the same time as we were (Planty, Bookemjano, Biddy, Joshlin, Markk, Paladin and numerous others!!) Well done to you all I say!!

ttfn
Caroline
x
Hello Caroline! Glad you're ok,all been going off on here,but seems to be settling now.
It's the weather that's been a big talking point for us newbies. Jesus it's cold-but no worse than when we were kids! Will let others tell their story. Nice to hear from you!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:43 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
Hi Caroline,

We are gradually settling in to life in New Zealand, though do miss some things from England. How are you, what have you been upto?

Love Annie x.
Hi Annie

I'm fine thanks...just busy at work and not been doing much else really...it's hard when you've had big plans to try and settle back into every day mundaneness but I think we are getting there...

Glad to hear you're settling in - and starting a new job soon too I see!! - good luck with that and remember, you don't only need to 'catch' - you need to hang on to the slippery little buggers too!!...Hope it goes well!!

So, what are you missing the most from the UK?...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:48 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hello Caroline! Glad you're ok,all been going off on here,but seems to be settling now.
It's the weather that's been a big talking point for us newbies. Jesus it's cold-but no worse than when we were kids! Will let others tell their story. Nice to hear from you!
Hi Danny

'All going off'?? Do you mean to say there's been fisticuffs and I've missed it all...goddammit!!...

Don't talk about the weather!! :curse: Have you seen any of the reports from the UK? You virtually needed a canoe to get about in Yorkshire a couple of weeks ago...we had torrential rain for days and days and days...and as for 'Summer', well, we've only had one day so far this year that I think could be classed as 'fairly warm to hot'...I think it would be fair to say that 'Summer' has been a bit of a wash-out so far this year...

Nice to hear from you too!!

ttfn
x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Howdy folks....

Hi all...

Hey ! Never mind us . How are you doing. Is all going well with your life?

We're pretty much the same here. We've done nothing to the house or garden , except let the weeds grow. We have a couple of ducks now which also wreck the garden.
Gave up on the idea of taking more exams this year. I think we are both just too exhausted with them after 3 years and need a break from exam sitting.

M'Dad is holding his own, although every day is a bonus day. Hope to see him again in September. We are using airpoints to get cheap flights otherwise we simply couldn't afford it .

It's all good here and the Winter weather is being good to us in the Nelson region.

Will you stay where you are in the UK now? Or still look for a move somewhere. How's the family?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:58 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Annie

I'm fine thanks...just busy at work and not been doing much else really...it's hard when you've had big plans to try and settle back into every day mundaneness but I think we are getting there...

Glad to hear you're settling in - and starting a new job soon too I see!! - good luck with that and remember, you don't only need to 'catch' - you need to hang on to the slippery little buggers too!!...Hope it goes well!!

So, what are you missing the most from the UK?...
Thanks for the top tip there, that's were I was going wrong, forgetting to hold on.

I miss alot from the UK, too long to list
Where are you living? Said she being jolly nosey. Have a great weekend.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Caroline,
nice to hear from you - how are things going for you and yours?
x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Hi all...

ttfn
Caroline
x
hi Caroline,
please take a few minutes to tell us newbies your story as I definitely missed it!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:48 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Hey ! Never mind us . How are you doing. Is all going well with your life?

We're pretty much the same here. We've done nothing to the house or garden , except let the weeds grow. We have a couple of ducks now which also wreck the garden.
Gave up on the idea of taking more exams this year. I think we are both just too exhausted with them after 3 years and need a break from exam sitting.

M'Dad is holding his own, although every day is a bonus day. Hope to see him again in September. We are using airpoints to get cheap flights otherwise we simply couldn't afford it .

It's all good here and the Winter weather is being good to us in the Nelson region.

Will you stay where you are in the UK now? Or still look for a move somewhere. How's the family?
Well hello yourself!!...Loving the pics you've just posted Bevs...what a cracking house you've got yourselves there....must be lovely for you having your own place again after being in rentals...and ducks too!!..I am sooooo jealous....I love ducks!!...

Probably a good idea to give the exams a miss this year, let the brain relax for a bit and it'll be more willing to retain the required info for next time!!

So glad to hear your dad is holding his own...I bet you just can't wait to see him again (gulp)...have you long to wait before you leave?

Don't talk about the weather!! :curse: It is currently coming down sideways again here...I swear to god houses will be starting to float away shortly!!

Our plans for the moment are to stay put, do some major building work to the house (shudders at the thought of pigging dust everywhere) but we do have a plan...a two year plan...we plan to do something by September 2009....even if it's just a move to a croft in Scotland which is probably the closest we will get to NZ in terms of scenery, lifestyle, beaches etc!!...and I think Dad could cope with a move of that distance!!

The family are fine and all very excited about going to see Harry Potter tonight (can't wait myself!!)...

So, does that offer of a place to stay still stand if we manage to get ourselves organised for a trip out!!...although at this rate it will be December 2008 before we make it!!

Lovely to hear from you Bevs...

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
Thanks for the top tip there, that's were I was going wrong, forgetting to hold on.

I miss alot from the UK, too long to list
Where are you living? Said she being jolly nosey. Have a great weekend.
Ooh don't Annie, that was always my worst nightmare...that I would deliver and the midwife would drop the baby on the floor!! I used to wake up in cold sweats with each pregnancy...not that it mattered with my third baby as I wasn't lucky enough to have a midwife with me until the baby virtually delivered itself...

I'm in a very wet North Yorkshire (nowt wrong with being nosey...)...you have a good weekend too!!

ttfn
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

So, does that offer of a place to stay still stand if we manage to get ourselves organised for a trip out!!...although at this rate it will be December 2008 before we make it!!

ttfn
Aye. Of course it does. Just let me know.

That's good to read that your Dad may consider a move with you. Could do him the world of good. I love visiting Scotland. My Dad has a couple of extremely good friends that live in Dunblane which I would like to try and help him to visit if his health will allow.
A croft eh? Sounds romantic.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caroline,

Glad to hear that all is going well with you and yours, and nice to know you are looking in still.
We get together with Jan and Steve(Bookemjano) every once in a while-they should write a book-never a dull moment in their lives, and we are trying to find time to go and see Debbie and Nigel(Planty) down in mighty Timaru.

Good luck in all you do.

Lee and Vicki
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:08 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Great to hear from you again. We came to the same conclusion as you and decided that NZ wasn't for us either so we headed for Oz.

Fantastic "winter" weather here so far, can't believe how beautiful the countryside is in the Gold Coast - it's so much more than just the beaches, it's got everything we want and then some. If the emigration urge ever grabs you again give this area a serious look over

What are your plans for the holidays this summer?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Pinkie Pie, long time no see, guess what? My baby girl starts school tomorrow.......... I think Mrs Planty may have ideas of me getting back to work now
The winter here has been nothing like a UK winter, ie in the SW of England it was always a damp affair, we've been here nearly 11 months and we haven't seen much of the wet stuff at all.
So your gonna build a Croft house? fantastic, I remember watching Grand Designs with the croft house, pulling the ropes to get the frame up, is that programme still on? Loved that programme we have what they call poor mans tv here, 3 channels, 1 of which is a music channel, there is channel 2 but its like trying to watch things with a blizzard, so we don't, exept the kids who insist on watching Pokemon, not sure they can see it really.
Last summer was hot hot hot and beautiful, can't wait for this spring so we can get on with our veggie plot, last spring we were in our rental so only grew a few tomatoes and chilli peppers that were hot. So we have big plans for the veggies this year and the kids have taken charge of some of them, which is great, just gotta hope they'll eat em once they've grown.

Look forward to more postings from you, take care, Nigel