Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How to watch UK TV in NZ

How to watch UK TV in NZ

Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:59 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to watch UK TV in NZ

Its on the homepage of unblock-us.com, if you have a active account.

You will see a box called Netflix region picker and you can change this to UK, Sweden, Ireland etc

Check out http://www.moreflicks.com/ which is a "guide" of all the movies/tv shows available accross all regions.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:20 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm using expattelly, which was very easy to set up and got good reviews on internet. Slightly hassly getting it running properly on W8 (jeez, i hate W8) but now works fine. It is slower streaming through the vpn than without, so for netflix i set it up and then disconnect the vpn so it streams without buffering- and then just reconnect to start the next thing, etc. It's a pay for service though, Catchafire's sounds like a better option.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 5:15 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
is this a new feature? I used their service last year and my TV always thought it was in the us. where do you set the location and does it actually think you are in the UK?

I have switched to a proxy solution but can't watch sky go on demand or 4od.

cheers.
Yes, it came in a few months ago. I love it - watching BBC IPlayer and 4OD mostly. You don't have to set the location - there is one option you change via your options on the website. Very easy.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

We decided to try GoTrusted. They offer a $0.01 charge for two weeks trial. We installed it onto computer and iPad. We were able to watch the previously blocked live stream of the triathlon world champs races on the TV via the computer. W had no issues at all.

On the iPad, it works for iPlayer, 4oD and previously blocked web sites.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 3:56 am
Just Joined

dlmurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Streamvia works for me - Reliable and consistant
Old Sep 17th 2013, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossojo
http://www.slingshot.co.nz/products/...t-global-mode/

This is great, but you have to be a Slingshot customer
Called them yesterday at 5pm to sign up. Text and email received today at 0830 to say the connection will be completed tomorrow morning. Ill be connected before I receive the wireless modem from them in the post!

I was with Compass Mammoth in Wellington at $99 a month for unlimited bb + phone + local calls. Streaming through a IP service didn't work with lots of buffering and downloading tv and film from unmentionable sources was also very up and down with speeds.

Slingshot do the same package as Compass for $99 or for $109 they say they wont throttle the connection + you get the global mode included. Looking forward to see how it performs.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

gingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the rough

What can I say, this forum is awesome.
I have followed the links to unblock.com, then followed the instruction on their site to reconfigure my computer settings and now I'm watching Match of the Day on BBC i-Player. Fantastic. No buffering, perfect picture!
Then I set up the Wii console as described in the unblock.com instructions and hey presto - now streaming Breaking Bad series 1 episode 1 on the TV -Double Awesome.
Now I just need an unlimited Internet package!!!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 4:44 am
Just Joined

sydney_oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by M_and_M
The triathlon world champs starts tomorrow in London. Triathlon live TV online wont let me watch because I am outside Europe.

Ay ideas on what UK proxy servers are best for enabling UK TV? I am also missing strictly!

Free or paid, don't mind, I just need it to be reliable!

Thanks!
download readon player.

type on goole readon player. Most of the TV streams working.