How to transfer Euro to NZ dollars

Wikiposts

How to transfer Euro to NZ dollars

Old May 21st 2006, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

spudzlikeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to transfer Euro to NZ dollars

Hi
Can anyone advise me on the easiest way to transfer money to NZ$. I am going to NZ end of July and will need some cash immediately to buy a car and get set up etc.I havent set up a bank account in NZ yet.How should I do this to get the best exchange rate. Also I want to transfer money to a savings account as the NZ deposit interest rates are very good. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Old May 21st 2006, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to transfet Euro to NZ dollars

There are several exchange brokers you can use, we're using this one. They give you a better rate than the old bank transfer.

http://www.hifx.co.uk/

Do a google search for NZ banks and check out the different banks and their accounts. We've opted to go with Kiwibank, most banks will let you set your account up before you go.
Old May 21st 2006, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How to transfer Euro to NZ dollars

Hi,
We just opened a bank account with ASB in London, they then open you an account in NZ, only took week from sending in form and ID. Then transfer funds by phone to the london a/c, you then choose to transfer to NZ straight away or days/weeks later. Rate is competitive and no charges if transferring more than £30k in one go. We've found it all ok. When you move to NZ just go in to any branch of ASB with letter from London and ID they then give you debit card, chq book etc. Interest rates on the standard a/c 6% if have NZ$100k in the a/c.
Hope it helps.
Neil