mosquitos

Old May 18th 2006, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default mosquitos

hi first time for me in the forum

my name is jane not good on a computer, can u tell - will get better. The other thing I'm not good with is mosquitos. We have a love/hate relationship. They love me I hate them. Are there many in New Zealand - especially near Auckland? I need to lose weight but not by being eaten alive! :scared:
Old May 18th 2006, 8:43 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mosquitos

Originally Posted by waynepfry

my name is jane not good on a computer, can u tell - will get better. The other thing I'm not good with is mosquitos. We have a love/hate relationship. They love me I hate them. Are there many in New Zealand - especially near Auckland? I need to lose weight but not by being eaten alive! :scared:
Eat marmite - this is a Maori trick and works well. They are deterred by the smell that comes through the skin.

Living close to the coast and away from still water also helps.

Kiwi
Old May 18th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Cheers for the advice - planning to live near the coast and will steer clear of still water. Hate marmite though but 2 out of 3 ain't bad! They really do love me though - hope there aren't as many as there are in Greece!!!!
Old May 19th 2006, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We definately had a bigger mossie problem where we lived in the UK compared to where we are in Auckland.

Its not them you wanna worry about..... its the sand flies.... now they ARE evil!
Old May 19th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Eat marmite - this is a Maori trick and works well. They are deterred by the smell that comes through the skin.

Living close to the coast and away from still water also helps.

Kiwi
Isn't it something to do with the vitamin B that's in Marmite?

You should be able to get the vitamin B substitute at the chemist, could be worth a try.
Old May 19th 2006, 11:19 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

take vitamin b complex. Mossies NEVER touch me.
Old May 19th 2006, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

You can buy repellent and also get a plug in device for the home.
Old May 21st 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

hi sarah
sorry its taken so long thanks 4 the advice. sand flies are another pet hate they love me 2 !!!!!!!! god help me .
lived in africa 4 two years and had maleria only once .
had a family holiday in menorca and spent 5 days in bed when a bloody sand fly - got any advice now on how i can survive with gods creatures who want to drain the life out of me?
Old May 21st 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

]
thanks will take them by the dozen!!!!!!!!
Old May 21st 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

hi sarah
sorry its taken so long thanks 4 the advice. sand flies are another pet hate they love me 2 !!!!!!!! god help me .
lived in africa 4 two years and had maleria only once .
had a family holiday in menorca and spent 5 days in bed when a bloody sand fly - got any advice now on how i can survive with gods creatures who want to drain the life out of me?
Sandflies dont seem to bit through sun cream so just plaster yourself. I got bit loads of times before and had some quite bad reactions to the bites then OH told me off for not having sun cream on..... it works a treat. I can sit on the beach when the tides just gone out and all the flies are out and they wont bite through the cream.... there you go..... no worries now.... youll be fine!!!

What make me cringe is when I watch Survivor and some of the people are simply covered all over in nasty red bites.....omg that would drive me nuts!