how much...

Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:19 pm
Banned

tweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud of
Default how much...

how much money does NZ immigration make from immigrants per annum?

and are there really jobs in the skills shortage list?

I wonder what happens to all those people who immigrate to NZ and are unable to get jobs and end up scrimping and saving in order to emigrate to somewhere they can find jobs...
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: how much...

Originally Posted by tweetweet
how much money does NZ immigration make from immigrants per annum?

I wonder what happens to all those people who immigrate to NZ and are unable to get jobs and end up scrimping and saving in order to emigrate to somewhere they can find jobs...
go to emigratetonewzealand.wordpress.com

you will find every thing you asked for
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by concretepump

Old Jun 8th 2012, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

Originally Posted by concretepump

I've had a good read on that website.......it's all doom and gloom
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:32 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I think their migrants stories are quite interesting. You could learn a lot from those?

http://emigratetonewzealand.wordpres...grant-stories/
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trish M
I've had a good read on that website.......it's all doom and gloom

Like everyone I expect they arrived here with positive attitudes and their heads full of dreams and a rosy outlook of living life happily ever after too.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:07 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

There maybe some things you can learn from the migrant stories, that is true. As long as potential migrants read the good stuff as well, and remember there are a great number of people who like/love living here. You wouldn't want to miss out on a good life in NZ based on some stuff on the internet, that kiwi expat so kindly reposted as a one-stop clickable link for you, for easy access.

The most interesting thing about that site is the anti-nz propaganda (in my view). The very thing the author, wherever he/she is, or whatever the motives (spending your whole life in some far off, presumably perfect, land, looking up things on the internet about a country and posting them on a blog, which looks pretty much like a nazi party manifesto if every reference to the word Kiwi was replaced by some minority race), levels at NZ. Stories of poverty, disease, crime, murder etc etc abound.

To counter all those arguments in one swoop one only needs to look at life expectancy. New Zealand is 13th in the world in that respect. That fact alone blows about 2/3rds of that site out of the water.

Case rested. Phew !

Last edited by waikatoguy; Jun 10th 2012 at 11:41 am.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 12:34 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

TBH, I reckon someone was being ironic back there in the thread.
But sometimes we need to hear what we don't want to hear.......
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:42 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

What's that old saying? "Irony is just honesty with the volume cranked up "
Old Jun 14th 2012, 10:50 am
Banned

tweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud of

I think that if someone has a vendetta against you, NZ provides a fertile ground in which to implement it. Poverty stricken people or greedy people will do anything for money even if i means framing someone. I think that NZ is a lawless country.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Give over. What a very silly thing to write. If you've have had a 'personal vendetta ' against you, then that is your personal experience.The same could be equally true of anywhere. I can vouch for that. You have hinted at it being family and where you live . Someone here offered you help & you did not respond.

What exactly are you saying? Coz I am getting a bit fed up with smoke and mirrors.

The answer to that remains yes.

I'm a bit miffed TBH. Get out there. Be honest and be true. This will not do.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:28 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tweetweet
Poverty stricken people or greedy people will do anything for money even if i means framing someone.
I repeat, if NZ is comparatively so full of poverty, as you propose, how does it end up having the 13th highest life expectancy in the world? Answer : there is some poverty, but no more or less than the average OECD country. It can't be, can it, given that NZ appears to be so healthy, and the residents live such long lives.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

My god that site is so negative. Clearly not everything in the garden city is not rosy, people are struggling financially and money is tight. Plus you can't blame the Kiwis for considering NZ nationals for jobs before migrants - if the UK tried this perhaps there wouldn't be so many fit and healthy young people littering the highstreets and picking up free money.

My wife had a job offer before arriving (which secured our permanent residency). We were informed the position was not available when we turned up in Chch. Luckily within 3 months we have both found graduate healthcare jobs.
My wife and I are in our early 30's and don't have to worry about any kids missing home. We've made every effort to go out and make friends and mix with locals and expats, we are so lucky. I guess things go sour for people when they are socially isolated or come here without any work. Just look at all the thousands of stuck pensioners on the costa del sol, spain. Many never learn the lingo, live in expat ghettos and would kill to go home. So show me somewhere perfect? It doesn't exist and I'd much rather be here than blighty.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
My god that site is so negative. Clearly not everything in the garden city is not rosy, people are struggling financially and money is tight. Plus you can't blame the Kiwis for considering NZ nationals for jobs before migrants - if the UK tried this perhaps there wouldn't be so many fit and healthy young people littering the highstreets and picking up free money.

My wife had a job offer before arriving (which secured our permanent residency). We were informed the position was not available when we turned up in Chch. Luckily within 3 months we have both found graduate healthcare jobs.
My wife and I are in our early 30's and don't have to worry about any kids missing home. We've made every effort to go out and make friends and mix with locals and expats, we are so lucky. I guess things go sour for people when they are socially isolated or come here without any work. Just look at all the thousands of stuck pensioners on the costa del sol, spain. Many never learn the lingo, live in expat ghettos and would kill to go home. So show me somewhere perfect? It doesn't exist and I'd much rather be here than blighty.
totally agree.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:10 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
I repeat, if NZ is comparatively so full of poverty, as you propose, how does it end up having the 13th highest life expectancy in the world? Answer : there is some poverty, but no more or less than the average OECD country. It can't be, can it, given that NZ appears to be so healthy, and the residents live such long lives.
I'm all right jack.......the Maori life expectancy is running at almost 10 years less than Pakeha. Showing that poverty and social depravation is concentrated in certain groups in NZ (as indicated by the OP), which cannot be good for our future.

You could argue that the breeding "stock" that has thrived/survived in NZ is more able to stand up to the elements/environment, as they survived all the privations of being a colony way away from the relative comforts of home, hence the populations being compared are not "apples and apples". So making judgements on what the bare figures mean (as far as poverty, etc go at least) is not as helpful as you suggest. It certainly is not a "QED" argument.

Also as NZ is a something of a retirement "destination" (well it is up here) those who retire here are, on the whole, wealthier (and healthier) than their peers that retire in UK, etc. Hence, their longevity is going to skew the figures. Whether that is taken into account in coming up with the stats you quote is something I'd be interested in finding out.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.