Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How much for a 40ft Container to Auckland/Wellington

How much for a 40ft Container to Auckland/Wellington

Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future
Default How much for a 40ft Container to Auckland/Wellington

Hi guys,

I know I've seen this elsewhere but cant find at the mo. Can I ask what quotes you guys have had for a 40ft container from the UK to Auckland and or Wellington.

Our quotes are coming in at £6,900 not including insurance which from memory seems too high.

Any guidance appreciated.

Nisey xxx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future
Default Re: How much for a 40ft Container to Auckland/Wellington

Hi,

We have just had quotes for a 20ft - 1 was 3200GBP an the other 3700GBP. That doesn't include insurance. So your quote does seem a bit high as I would have expected less than double the price. Who has quoted you?

Kim
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

Crown, and we have had PSS around today but wont get there quote back for a while, they agreed its a 40ft container though.

We've also had a quote from Fox's and theirs was the same roughly price wise but for 1x 40ft and 1x 20ft as they didn't think all the stuff woud fit in the one 40ft container.

We have two more frims coming for estimates tomorrow, Like you I had budgeted for more, but not that more? eeek
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

We used Burke Brothers had a 40ft high cube (with a race car packed inside) 6,100 including insurance, that was to Nelson.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nisey
Hi guys,

I know I've seen this elsewhere but cant find at the mo. Can I ask what quotes you guys have had for a 40ft container from the UK to Auckland and or Wellington.

Our quotes are coming in at £6,900 not including insurance which from memory seems too high.

Any guidance appreciated.

Nisey xxx
Thats pretty much what we paid 2 years ago..insurance made it a tad higher. Claimed for a small amount of damages and very glad we had it too. Can you imagine losing a 40 foot with all your worldlies in it to 10000 foot of sea????????????????????? I think it is well worth having. sods law dictates that yours will be the one jettisoned in bad weather..they do that you know (I don't know how..maybe they just fall off in reality)..shove 'em off...thats what probably made me buy the insurance..thus it follows that the moving man told me that..ergo.....a lie.......back to the exciting lie, er story............ apparently to save the boat from getting into worse problems...thats what i was told anyways.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Crown, and we have had PSS around today but wont get there quote back for a while, they agreed its a 40ft container though.

We've also had a quote from Fox's and theirs was the same roughly price wise but for 1x 40ft and 1x 20ft as they didn't think all the stuff woud fit in the one 40ft container.

We have two more frims coming for estimates tomorrow, Like you I had budgeted for more, but not that more? eeek

Watch PSS..they hit us with a HUGE price hike 2-3 days before the pack up..CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!?? They would not budge and WE HAD to pay it..like try to find another mover in 48-72 hours. Thus they are HIGH on my do not recommend list..or if you do choose to use them get it in writing that the price is FIRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our packers had a piss poor attitude aswell..got annoyed when I asked them (very politely) not to pack 20kg clock weights with the movement of a 250 year old grandfather clock..he got confrontational!!!!! They bragged about being experienced, professional export packers. I ask you!!

To be fair other people have said their packing team from PSS were great.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Watch PSS..they hit us with a HUGE price hike 2-3 days before the pack up..CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!?? They would not budge and WE HAD to pay it..like try to find another mover in 48-72 hours. Thus they are HIGH on my do not recommend list..or if you do choose to use them get it in writing that the price is FIRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our packers had a piss poor attitude aswell..got annoyed when I asked them (very politely) not to pack 20kg clock weights with the movement of a 250 year old grandfather clock..he got confrontational!!!!! They bragged about being experienced, professional export packers. I ask you!!

We changed our from PSS to Crown less than a week before we were do to leave They did a fantastic job Cost for a 20ft was £3,400 and we arranged insurance through Letton Percival
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

We tried to get three quotes for a 3 bed house. Crown have quoted us around £3300 for a 20ft container and The Removal group sent a similar quote via the internet. PSS didn't turn up for their appointment and we have not heard anything from them.

Has anyone ever used The Removal group? If so what did you think?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

just to add crown were fab with us
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

PSS have just turned up a day late, better late than never

We only had confirmation of them turning up by telephone - where they stated Wednesday, it is actually Thursday today. We should have received a letter to confirm the date and time of the visit (but alas it never arrived)

So lets see what their quote is and we will let you all know
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:10 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis

Genesis, did your delivery company here in NZ put your clock back together again?

I left Hubby with NZ Van Lines as I had to go to work and when I returned they had gone and the clock was unwrapped but in pieces. Britannia had assured me it would be put back together this end as they are trained in that too?! Now the sensible thing to do would be to phone NZ Van Lines and ask, but to Hubby that would be akin to asking for directions. And so our Grandfather clock stands lonely in the hall with no face and no weights etc, etc?!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Frenchy
We used Burke Brothers had a 40ft high cube (with a race car packed inside) 6,100 including insurance, that was to Nelson.
Frenchy thanks for that, If you don't mind me asking did they supply the insurance or did you get a seperate quote and what element was the insurance, what value did you place on the contents,

Dont mind if you pm the answer
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:52 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Frenchy thanks for that, If you don't mind me asking did they supply the insurance or did you get a seperate quote and what element was the insurance, what value did you place on the contents,

Dont mind if you pm the answer
40 foot with Britannia was £6,350 ish and we took insurance with Letton Percival too.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
40 foot with Britannia was £6,350 ish and we took insurance with Letton Percival too.
another vote for Letton Percival (Brian Naughton) - but you might also want to get some one way travel insurance for your cases and health cover until the container and/or your PR arrives - Letton Percival can help). Our premium for the insurance on the 20 footer was £483.73 for £26k cover but with an additional 0.2% of value added for 1 month's storage in UK (so 1.73% of replacement value rather than 1.53%).
We also got Brian to get underwriters to extend cover in NZ for 2 weeks for free whilst we waited for our unfurnished place to become available. Very professional but did not test out the claims procedure as there were only really minor probs with unpacking (Allied Movers being the NZ agents in our case for Britannia). Good luck, Ian
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody used or got a quote from White & Company?

http://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/index.htm

I just picked them at randon from the internet. Just wanna see if anyone has any feedback before i get them in for a quote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.