Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How long can i work for?

How long can i work for?

Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation How long can i work for?

Hi i,m new to the NZ section.

I'm going to Auckland in september and i would like to know how long can i work for an employer in NZ on a working holiday visa?

I know that in oz it's 6 months but not sure about NZ.

Thank you.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long can i work for?

Originally Posted by paddyb157
Hi i,m new to the NZ section.

I'm going to Auckland in september and i would like to know how long can i work for an employer in NZ on a working holiday visa?

I know that in oz it's 6 months but not sure about NZ.

Thank you.
It used to be 3 months with each employer when I had a whv about 6 years ago. Not sure if its changed sorry!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:14 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long can i work for?

Here's the latest info from Immigration

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm

I see from your other posts that you have been in OZ for a couple of years, which may cause you a problem with your WHV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614163

You need to read the bits with asterix next to them, especially the ** one.

Sorry, it's probably not the response you were hoping for

Good Luck