How bad is it?

Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of
Default Re: How bad is it?

Maybe this will help. Check Q&A though.

Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Every Town/City that harbours a University has the same problem....it's called STUDENTS......
No Welly... I walked to the Metro NW alone at 10.35 pm...tonight. returned home at 11.05 pm. I am fine... see? I am a small weak woman... but I've been well surviving here,,,,,,,,no worries.. I am not afraid at night in the streets here. feel so safe.

however, NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo way in Auckland or CHCh. never been to Dunedin so dunno about it.

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 6th 2010 at 11:25 am.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

welly always feels OK
I feel alright here in the burbs (well some of the burbs in Auckland at least)
But there are some random events in Auckland..I often focus on CHCH as it seems more concentrated there some how, but we do have our fare share of nastiness up here too

Hey Crap Coffee..you're always giving me reasons to live in Welly
I'm coming down to partake of your windy city in a couple of weeks and can't wait
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Same here Prickly, you choose your spots and I would have few qualms about walking around Auckland CBD (maybe not so keen alone) as it is generally busy and convivial with other people happy to wander. CHCH is too concentrated with multi-lane, long straight roads: ripe for the hoons racing and cruising around and the centre seems to be a magnet for all the riff raff. I sense more of an air of menace in CHCH city centre, especially for strangers in town where Auckland is more anonymous and people do tend to leave you alone. Auckland 'Kids' probably have more choices of places to hang out and don't find too much of an attraction to 'go to town' on an evening. In fact relatively few people do.

Around most of Auckland it's not feasible to use the roads as a racetrack, too many hills, sharp bends and cliff sides for the muppets to fall off of. Still doesn't stop them trying though.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina

Hey Crap Coffee..you're always giving me reasons to live in Welly
I'm coming down to partake of your windy city in a couple of weeks and can't wait

oh really? hope you have a great time and find nice place to eat fantastic foods. and drink your age in pints...of course...really, its not dangerous to be out in town. I've lived here since I was 17, and nothing has happened yet. I usually walk a lot because I hate to stick to my desk all day long at work so I try to walk at night,,,,and morning or whenever. but I am really ok. I don't drive my car when I go to work because no car park or too expensive so.... my beautiful Citroën Xsara Picasso's been sitting in the garage.........for ages..

my partner,,,, well. He drinks a bit on weekends tho.... He lived here a year and half. the thing is ,,, he goes out on Friday morning and he comes home on Saturday crack of dawn... it doesn't necessarily mean he drinks a lot or being drunk but he loves hang out with his work mates...till late....on Fridays..... what annoys me was I always had to worry about him.. I don't sleep till he gets home... - (make sure he gets home safe ...he is slightly drunk of course..) At that time, a few times I read horrid news about tourists (English/Scottish/German) murdered (stabbed I think) in downtown Welly...so I used to worry about him a lot ... but luckily nothing happened to him. (but he is smart enough to look after himself) but better be careful than sorry.

and what also makes me laugh is... last year when I visited my brother in auckland, he refused to drive/go for a walk to Long Bay beach or any beaches in North Shore.... asked him why? He said.. a few murder cases has happened... in North shore area...Its called "Don't Ask Why Murder". also at that time, a couple of prisoners escaped from prisons (all the time) and they wonder around every where.. and you would never know where/what they are up to. my bro is a solicitor, thats why he does know what's going on.. (he seemed to be very nervous about it..particularly..for some reason? ). so according to him, you would never ever walk/drive alone/together at night or day time in beach or any public place (parks, beaches especially) if not many people around. but I hate he scares me sometimes/often over protective something like that... but I am different to him and am a brave lass unlike him. (I even manged to fight physically with a huge thief at the Mac Donald in Sydney .. and I won... cos he snatched my bag pack..everybody saw us....however noone called the police... f**k Aussies....{so if I don't hate aussies/oz, is that normal then?} haha This IS a true story...ppl said if that happened in America then I already shot dead.......... )

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 6th 2010 at 2:13 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:43 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Nah it's not students.

Criminals or scumbags is better. They race through the city streets till 5:00am, smashing bottles, fighting just like the UK but worse. it's sort of tolerated. Duneden has a Gumball rally once a year but in central Chc it's 3 days a week.
Where we used to live was a student rent/flat area serving Warwick Uni. The students went clubbing most nights of the week and when pouring out in the early hours smash all of the milk bottles, steal bicycles rip off car ariels, throw peoples plant pots around the streets and rip up all of the towns planted floral displays whilst emptying the rubbish bins all over the streets. These are NOT intelligent examples of the human race just the privaleged.......Scumbags
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Might be different in other cities but here in Chc my wife or family would not venture out at night. It's like bedlam where we are staying from 21:00hrs to 04:00, wow never heard anything like it. Cars screaming between the traffic lights, continuous Police sirens and hoodlums just like the UK.
ChCh is the Boy Racer/Hoon capital of the world, I have never seen anything like it, and its largely tolerated it seems. Thank God I dont live there and only go occasionally.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Stormers post sounds just like the rubbish we have put up with this last summer and before.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:27 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Stormers post sounds just like the rubbish we have put up with this last summer and before.
Sorry Bevs but its us that have to put up with the rubbish, strewn all over the pavements and streets every morning and having to fork out for the street cleaning...and replacing the plants...
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Sorry Bevs but its us that have to put up with the rubbish, strewn all over the pavements and streets every morning and having to fork out for the street cleaning...and replacing the plants...

Read that again; as it is not ALL about you!! It happens here too.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Browner_
ChCh is the Boy Racer/Hoon capital of the world, I have never seen anything like it, and its largely tolerated it seems. Thank God I dont live there and only go occasionally.
Thank God I am out of the place Horayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Back in the UK now, it's more busy here but now I am getting used to acknowledging drivers when they give way or let you in. It seems so civilised to the Moron's in the dump I left behind.

No loud exhausts as well, bliss.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Read that again; as it is not ALL about you!! It happens here too.
Ah silly me...sorry Bevs..thought I was being taken to task thanks BJ
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...d-for-bullying

I personally think this is SOOOOOOOOO BAD. I've got couple of friends who bitterly left their jobs recently because of serious bullying at work - that was the main reason. especially girls. they are bitch. Thats why I prefer to have a job that No many girls involved........I mostly work with males. At least, they don't give you a shit/attention at all (even if they hate you or whatever) unless they need to. rather than bullying you for fun like many girls do. (IMO) I worked in a hospital before when I was younger, and the loads of girls were bitch. I didn't enjoy going to work not that I hate my job, but I hated my colleagues.

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 14th 2010 at 11:26 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Now imagine to have 3 bitches in vertical above you

I cannot find the vomit smiley
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How bad is it?

I don’t think beer is expensive here (some good microbrewers as well owing to New Zealand’s almost unique law making it easy to make your own in the garage), wine is very cheap.

Crime isn’t a huge problem as long as you pick a good area, outside of major cities many folk still leave their cars open and keys in the ignition overnight. Most crime is petty theft rather than violent (if you want variety go and live in Auckland). I would happily walk anywhere in Palmerston North late at night except Highbury (which is like a sort of council estate, mind you there are parts of Porirua I wouldn’t live in either). Location, location, location.

Dunedin students are renowned as being a rowdy bunch, it attracts a lot of young students. IMO unless you have to go to that university steer clear, it’s hurting the universities reputation as well (devaluing current and future degree holders) as they have failed to deal with the situation .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.