House to sell...

Old Mar 27th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: House to sell...

To be honest have not thought about the 'Open Homes' route in the UK, looked at a few houses this way when visiting Auckland last year. Might yet try it, we shall see.

Thanks to you all for your good wishes for our viewing on Sunday.

Cheers,

Joan
x
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pinkkat75
Yeah, doom and gloom about covers the mood in our house as we wait to sell. We've had lots of viewings, and lots of stupid feedback, like they wanted 4 bedrooms not 3, or 2 reception rooms, or it was in the wrong location.

WHY THE *%$# come and look at the house then?!?!?! It's not going to miraculously sprout another room or shuffle into a better area in between reading the specs on Rightmove and coming to view it .

I have to get a taxi home from work, hoover and tidy like a mad thing for each and every one of these numpties.

We have had one offer... for £170k. The house is up for OIRO £210k . Cheeky bar-stewards.
Hi Pinkkat
It's not just you.

We were on 2 weeks ago for 225K we dropped to 'get below the competition' to 200K last week.
Lady viewed last week - offered 185K She said the rooms were too small !! smallest bedroom is 12ft square !

I keep telling myself - "the right person will come along" .... won't they????

Steelblue's OH
x
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

Well, here I am again. Hi to everyone. With regards to our viewing on Sunday, a very nice young couple turned up with a lovely five month old baby. They looked around the house, asked all the usual questions, said they liked it and our village was where they wanted to buy. Are, at the moment, in rented accommodation not far away and already had a mortgage organised when right house turned up. Would it be ours - in all honesty, I don't think so!!!

Our back bedroom is small because when the cottage was built over 100 years ago there was no bathroom, so the back bedroom in later years was split in two to accommodate a bathroom. We now use it as an office and if anyone comes to stay, they sleep in the spacious loft room. As yet we have had no feedback but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't suitable for their needs. So, looking on the brighter side, we did have a phone call today from estate agents to organise another viewing tomorrow (Tuesday 31st at 3.30pm). So, keeping everything crossed, good luck to us all.

Cheers,

Joan
x
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: House to sell...

Originally Posted by Hippygran
Well, here I am again. Hi to everyone. With regards to our viewing on Sunday, a very nice young couple turned up with a lovely five month old baby. They looked around the house, asked all the usual questions, said they liked it and our village was where they wanted to buy. Are, at the moment, in rented accommodation not far away and already had a mortgage organised when right house turned up. Would it be ours - in all honesty, I don't think so!!!

Our back bedroom is small because when the cottage was built over 100 years ago there was no bathroom, so the back bedroom in later years was split in two to accommodate a bathroom. We now use it as an office and if anyone comes to stay, they sleep in the spacious loft room. As yet we have had no feedback but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't suitable for their needs. So, looking on the brighter side, we did have a phone call today from estate agents to organise another viewing tomorrow (Tuesday 31st at 3.30pm). So, keeping everything crossed, good luck to us all.

Cheers,

Joan
x
wow thats good though having another viewing, have you reduced it or do you generally have alot of viewings?? good luck! I just cant imagine the moment ours sells, all the change that will quickly follow!!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:36 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hippygran

Cheers,

Joan
x
Good luck Joan - that's all very positive
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Joan!

Things do seem to be picking up in the last couple of weeks. We had 4 viewings last weekend and one yesterday. We have someone who's now been twice and asked to see our HIP report but guess what - THEY HAVEN'T SOLD - it's the same old story we've been going through for the last year!

The viewers yesterday were cash buyers but although they thought the house was great, it's too far from the station - it's 0.9 miles, 15 mins walk, my husband commutes every day and it says the distance on the web sites - it's so annoying that our hopes are built up only for viewers to come up with excuses that are clear to them in the first place!

Ho, hum onto the next viewing please....
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
We have had six viewings since the beginning of November and we recently dropped the price 10K which seemed to have created a bit of interest again. Our problem is, it is a bit of an unusual house, most suited to a couple with maybe teenage child who would love the loft room and the space it provides. So here's hoping the right person/s find us soon.

Cheers

Joan
x
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi MOBO,

I have to say, you do really wonder if people really read the house specs before they view, then find all sorts of things wrong with the house that was not to their liking so you do wonder why did they come in the first place???? Still I suppose we'll all have to kiss a few frogs before 'THE RIGHT ONE COMES ALONG' as they say!!!! Ah well, I'll put a bit of lippy on and be as charming as ever 'cos you never know, the next one might the one.

Joan
x
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck tomorrow,at least you are getting viewers. On market since Sep and NO VIEWERS. Feeling really down but looking into rental market. At least you are getting folks in the door. Fingers xd for you

Phyl x
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Phyl, Thanx for your good wishes. I'm sure it has been very disheartening for for you, hope things pick up for you very soon.

Joan
x
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I often pop into this thread hoping to read that someones house has been sold.

Fingers crossed your houses sell during your UK Spring.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:09 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: House to sell...

Well I think that I have been very lucky as I have just sold my house, mind you it took nearly 6 months and we took a drop of £30,000 and we are nearly at the end of the process.

The market is picking up just hang in there everyone
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well done Beetrooper,you must be over the moon. There is hope after all?
so glad to hear of someone else's good fortune.....can you pass some good luck karma over the internet please

Phyl x
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, glad to hear someone at last is selling their house, hopefully things are on the move Had two viewings Sunday & Tues, had no feedback so far so am inclined to think it wasn't for them but wer'e hanging on in there, the right person is out there somewhere!!!!

Joan
x
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We've another at 7 pm tonight so it's fresh bread and coffee for tea - not forgetting supergluing the kids to the tv!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.