Reload this Page >

. House. Buy or Rent?

. House. Buy or Rent?

Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:14 am
zuz
Just Joined

zuz will become famous soon enoughzuz will become famous soon enough
Default . House. Buy or Rent?

Is it time to buy in NZ? In view of the price hikes in recent years and the fact that even with an increase in the interest rates, the house market seems not to slow down. Do you think we should wait for a slowdown and rent out or try and get into the market before it is too late?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:22 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: . House. Buy or Rent?

Originally Posted by zuz
Is it time to buy in NZ? In view of the price hikes in recent years and the fact that even with an increase in the interest rates, the house market seems not to slow down. Do you think we should wait for a slowdown and rent out or try and get into the market before it is too late?
Research the stats on REINZ website re: sales prices and rental figures would probably be your best starting point. Will depend to some extent on your cashflow VS borrowings and the areas you hope to live in.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Professional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to all

I would say it may be worth waiting to see if latest (surprise) base rate rise to 8% has any effect on the market.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:14 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional_Gypsy
I would say it may be worth waiting to see if latest (surprise) base rate rise to 8% has any effect on the market.
House prices still on the up in AKL, albeit it prior to todays rate rise. Read article online in the NZ Herald.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have to also take the exchange rate into consideration. I think it was about 2.65 yesterday.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:57 pm
zuz
Just Joined

zuz will become famous soon enoughzuz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I think you have to also take the exchange rate into consideration. I think it was about 2.65 yesterday.
Simon, have to compare NZD with the Euro, not the stg