Reload this Page >

Hotel Recommendation

Hotel Recommendation

Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

colinda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hotel Recommendation

Hi All,

Just had my interview and medical two days ago (27th) I would just like to recommend a hotel to stay at for the future. I stayed at the Central Park Hotel in Queensbury Terrace, about 20/25 mins walk West of the embassy. A couple of stops on the tube if its raining. I had a beautiful crisp sunny morning so I walked it. The hotel is spotless and has a nice bright bar/lounge area with large plasma screens. Around £70 a night, which is not bad for Central London for such a quality hotel. Here is the website

http://www.centralparklondon.co.uk

Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

coops9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hotel Recommendation

I also had my interview not long ago and found the Corus at Lancaster Gate very nice, £90 for the night I think.....

http://www.corushotels.co.uk/hyde/?l...orus+Hyde+Park

20 minute walk through Hyde Park to the Embassy or 5 minute Taxi ride for just over £5 pounds.

Very close to Lancaster Gate Tube and short walk to lively Queensway, nice restaurants etc.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Lovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really nice

Didn't need to find hotel, caught tube from Hounslow, made it to Hyde Park Corner then took a slow walk to embassy. Only cost me price of tube fair .
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

colinda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coops9999
I also had my interview not long ago and found the Corus at Lancaster Gate very nice, £90 for the night I think.....

http://www.corushotels.co.uk/hyde/?l...orus+Hyde+Park

20 minute walk through Hyde Park to the Embassy or 5 minute Taxi ride for just over £5 pounds.

Very close to Lancaster Gate Tube and short walk to lively Queensway, nice restaurants etc.
I passed the Corus on the way to the Leinster Pub...lol. Looked top notch....doorman with tails etc..£90 looks a good deal!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Toonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to all

Hoping to go for my interview in the next few weeks so thanks for both recommendations - will check them out
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:15 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Notting Hill for 75 a night in June. We booked it on Otel.com. It was 135 on the Comfort Inns website. It's a block from the tube and a very quick ride to the embassy. Breakfast is included as well.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:35 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

We just stayed at the Premier Inn at Kings Cross - just across the road from Kings Cross Station, a quick hop on the Victoria Line to Oxford Circus, then the Central line to Bond Street and a 5-10 minute walk to the Embassy.

A family room (1 double + 2 single beds for the kids) was £134, but it was convienient, has self check in, and they hold your luggage for you whilst you go to your interview.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 4:48 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
We just stayed at the Premier Inn at Kings Cross - just across the road from Kings Cross Station, a quick hop on the Victoria Line to Oxford Circus, then the Central line to Bond Street and a 5-10 minute walk to the Embassy.

A family room (1 double + 2 single beds for the kids) was £134, but it was convienient, has self check in, and they hold your luggage for you whilst you go to your interview.
Anyone else here use Priceline?

The last time we stayed in London, we were at the Swiss Cottage Marriott. 3 minutes walk from the Jubilee Line station, and $105 a night. Can't beat that.

Also, we have had The Cumberland at Marble Arch (5 minutes walk from US Embassy) for $95 a night.

If you want to get advice on how bid well on Priceline go to betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com

James

(BTW, those ARE meant to be US Dollar prices, not UK Pounds.)