British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Homework help for a 10 year old boy. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/homework-help-10-year-old-boy-439257/)

mattandjulia Apr 2nd 2007 6:54 am

Homework help for a 10 year old boy.

Hi all

Please could any one help my son as he has a project to do.

Thomas has to, In no more than one hundred words, describe the history of New Zealand.

As We are living in Australia and come from England I have not got a clue. I am absoluetly crap at History.

I thought school life was supposed to be easier here not harder.

Please please help someone.:D

Thanks Julia and the tearfull 10 year old.

Jules & Danny Apr 2nd 2007 6:58 am

Re: Homework help for a 10 year old boy.

Not restricted to solely 100 words, but the first few paragraphs could certainly be edited down:

Wiki New Zealand

Apple12 Apr 2nd 2007 7:09 am

Originally Posted by mattandjulia (Post 4591097)
Hi all

Thomas has to, In no more than one hundred words, describe the history of New Zealand.

As We are living in Australia and come from England I have not got a clue. I am absoluetly crap at History.

I think with libraries and the internet you shouldn't need to be worrying about how do to your son's homework for him?!
JMTW...
Good luck by the way =) I think the biggest challenge would be deciding on which bit of the history fits into 100 words, I dare you to use the splitting of the NZ islands from Godwanaland, or the evolution of the flightless birds... ;) Actually the Maori legend of the fishing of the North Island by Maui (the South Island is the waka or canoe) would be a really fun one to do...

mickey_d Apr 2nd 2007 7:44 am

Originally Posted by mattandjulia (Post 4591097)
Hi all

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz

This is a good site my kids have used.

mattandjulia Apr 2nd 2007 10:42 am

[QUOTE=Apple12;4591135]I think with libraries and the internet you shouldn't need to be worrying about how do to your son's homework for him?!
JMTW...

I wasn't asking for someone to do it for him. I was marely asking where to get the information etc. I will not be doing this for him. Don't know what give you that idea. I think if you can't give an answer then don't answer at all IMO.

Thanks anyway.

Julia.

Lexylou Apr 2nd 2007 11:48 am

I think it was just a misinterpritation of your post. I too read it that way when I first looked at it.

I think that part that made me think that was the mention of schooling supposed to be easier here...... I would have though that was a bad thing. On this board people often say they are leaving the UK because the schools are so bad, so not sure they would agree they are easier. I have no view either way, I think schooling is as much about parents as anything and by the fact that you are helping your son get the right info, then that is a good thing. A lot of children get no help at all.

Hope that you find what you are looking for.