Hi from the UK

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:09 pm
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Hi from the UK

Originally Posted by Animal Crackers

Hi
Welcome to the forum, I'm gonna be lost too when we do finally go as it will be winter here but warm over in NZ!!My husband moans when we go on holiday for a fortnight so god knows what he's gonna be like when the time actually comes. I might just leave his stuff and take more of ours within his baggage allowanceI don't think anyone can tell you exactly what to take as everyone has their own personal possessions. My OH has already been selling stuff on ebay and we don't go for 2 more years, so I won't have much left by then. I wonder how much I'd get for him:curse:It would have to be advertised as non-returnable
I can relate to that:curse: my OH sold everything we had (practically) three years ago when he cam over on a work visa, alone. House sale fell through and he returned to a practically empty house in the UK!! bought some cheap stuff and lived out of boxes for two years in rented accomodation. Finally making it here in June this year!!
Two years sounds a long time, the first year seems to go a bit slow but I promise the second year flies by and chances are you will feel as if your in a whirlwind which drops you off in NZ when its finished
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all
Default Re: Hi from the UK

I know it seems ages off but I also know that we have 101 things to do and to save as much as we can before making the big move!!
If it was upto me we'd be on a flight tomorrow How are you finding welli? I think that's where we'll finally end up as it ticks all our boxes so any advise would be gratefully received

Originally Posted by sarahlou2411
I can relate to that:curse: my OH sold everything we had (practically) three years ago when he cam over on a work visa, alone. House sale fell through and he returned to a practically empty house in the UK!! bought some cheap stuff and lived out of boxes for two years in rented accomodation. Finally making it here in June this year!!
Two years sounds a long time, the first year seems to go a bit slow but I promise the second year flies by and chances are you will feel as if your in a whirlwind which drops you off in NZ when its finished
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:57 pm
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Hi from the UK

Originally Posted by Animal Crackers
I know it seems ages off but I also know that we have 101 things to do and to save as much as we can before making the big move!!
If it was upto me we'd be on a flight tomorrow How are you finding welli? I think that's where we'll finally end up as it ticks all our boxes so any advise would be gratefully received

Wellington is a cool place to be and is where a lot of the work seems to be unless you look at Auckland. Your always a short drive from the sea or the mountains or bush and people here are pretty freindly. Best advice I can give I guess is go where you can get a job first the rest will fall into place as you go along.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hi from the UK

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Oh, sorry forgot to say welcome to the forum...
and I forgot to add some welcoming Karma.
Have some newbie Karma Garbanza