Hi everyone

Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Emyorks will become famous soon enoughEmyorks will become famous soon enough
Default Hi everyone

Hi to you all

I have been reading posts on this site for ages but didn't want to register until we had visas - tempting fate and all that!
We got our visas through last week!!

So our plan is to move to Blenheim in Jan/ feb of next year, where OH has a job. We had a trip over to NZ in Feb/March of this year and loved the area and think it will be a great place to bring up our 2 yr old son, who LOVES being outdoors.

So I would love to hear from anyone in the Marlborough area but also anyone else who now loves living in NZ!

V scared but v excited!!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:45 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi everyone

Originally Posted by Emyorks
Hi to you all

I have been reading posts on this site for ages but didn't want to register until we had visas - tempting fate and all that!

So our plan is to move to Blenheim in Jan/ feb of next year, where OH has a job. We had a trip over to NZ in Feb/March of this year and loved the area and think it will be a great place to bring up our 2 yr old son, who LOVES being outdoors.

So I would love to hear from anyone in the Marlborough area but also anyone else who now loves living in NZ!

V scared but v excited!!
Kev & Sarah and also Beachcombers are in that area, if they're not along later you can PM them once you have 3 posts I think!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:08 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emyorks
Hi to you all

V scared but v excited!!
Hi congrats on getting visas. We live in Nelson which is couple of hours away and love it. Time will fly for you now !
Darren & Vicky
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to this sorum guys.
We live between Nelson and Motueka a couple of hours from Blenheim.

Sarah and Beachcombers are in your neck of the woods & I'm sure they'll be along shortly.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the replies

Was a bit shellshocked last week that everything is now real!!
Flights most probably will be booked for the end of Jan.

Really excited and can't wait to move to Blenheim and see more of NZ. Questions will follow i'm sure...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Been in Blenheim 10 months, work at the local hospital.Have 13 year old son and 15 year old daughter hubby (Mark). Lovely area very quiet. Good luck!! Give us a shout if I can be of any assistance!!
LOL
Dawn
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:50 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody talking about me ?????

Like Dawn says, if you need any help, just yell. we actually live out at Renwick and have 3 little darlings; the eldest is 13 :curse: and the monster is 3
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:02 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from Renwick, which a lovely place, apart from dodgy neighbours!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:08 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Hello from Renwick, which a lovely place, apart from dodgy neighbours!
So that was YOU playing the music the other night then
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Music, dodgy neighbours, helicopters... thought it was a quiet place!!!

Cant Wait!!

When we get there we intend to rent and look aroung for somthing to buy, we thought we would prob look in Blenheim itself... i see some of you live in Renwick - what's it like?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:18 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Renwick is a small (ish) village about 10km outside of the "Big City"

It's surrounded by vineyards and wineries, got a couple of pubs and is a relaxed and laid back place to live.

There is a bit of development going on, with some subdivisions popping up, so the population is growing. But as it is surrounded by vineyards, it can't expand outwards, so housing will peak at some point.

We love it here, as we are both involved in the wine industry, it's very handy. I choose to live here, simply because it was cheaper to by a house compared to Blenheim (a 10 min drive).

It's great here, we have a nice sized garden lovely view of the mountains. If we are feeling energetic, we go horse riding, fishing, diving, tramping. Or just chill out in the garden with a lovely bottle of wine and some music (sorry Sarah!).

We now have a baby on the way and can't think of a better place to raise a child!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hi there,

Been in Blenheim 10 months, work at the local hospital.Have 13 year old son and 15 year old daughter hubby (Mark). Lovely area very quiet. Good luck!! Give us a shout if I can be of any assistance!!
LOL
Dawn
Hi ya we are due out in 2 years!! I know it seems ages off but with having my nurse training to complete(10 months) and my OH finishing a degree it will fly Can you tell me if there are plenty of nursing vacancies and is there any openings for IT employment? We have 2 daughters aged 5 and 12 and by reading all the posts on this thread it sounds a lovely place to bring children up!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Never mind all that. I love your avatar Animal Crackers. Karma your way.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Never mind all that. I love your avatar Animal Crackers. Karma your way.

Why thank you kindly. Some karma coming back your way!!!