Hi Everyone

Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:19 am
Just Joined

kellyde will become famous soon enoughkellyde will become famous soon enough
Post Hi Everyone

We are Denise, Alan and Oliver, our golden cocker spaniel, we are currently living in Lincoln, but are planning a move to Auckland in October. Probably going to try either North Shore, near the coast, maybe Orewa or Torbay or south east near Howick and hopefully the coast. Any advice or information about these areas, travelling times into the CBD during rush hours etc. or any advice about having a dog over there would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hi Everyone

Originally Posted by kellyde
We are Denise, Alan and Oliver, our golden cocker spaniel, we are currently living in Lincoln, but are planning a move to Auckland in October. Probably going to try either North Shore, near the coast, maybe Orewa or Torbay or south east near Howick and hopefully the coast. Any advice or information about these areas, travelling times into the CBD during rush hours etc. or any advice about having a dog over there would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
Hi Denise

We are living in Scampton, Auckland bound on the 17th October. Have you sorted out the dog yet. We have one but think he is going to stay here with my parents and take early retirement.

Ann
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi kellyde

welcome to the site, there is always loads of people on here who have invaluable information, i have 2 cats and i have had a quote from pets oceanic and also ladyhaye, ladyhaye where cheaper but it might pay to shop around to see who does the best rates for your spaniel, lots of people on here have taken pets with them.

sorry i am kirstie and husband is paul, we are waiting to get our ITA and hoping to get out in the New Year if all goes through ok,

with regards

kirstie
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks.
Would that be Lincoln, East of England or Lincoln, Canterbury, NZ?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:44 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.

Hi Kellyde
Welcome to BE

Sorry can't help with either questions but lots of others on here will be more than willing to point you in the right direction.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by littleal
Would that be Lincoln, East of England or Lincoln, Canterbury, NZ?
Ooops, sorry didn't realise there was a Lincoln in New Zealand, unfortunately I am still in the East of England Lincoln - watching the pouring rain for a change!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Ooops, sorry didn't realise there was a Lincoln in New Zealand, unfortunately I am still in the East of England Lincoln - watching the pouring rain for a change!!
Hi Denise, we are too fellow lincoln people, flying out in October, if you need any info etc just shout. I am also watching the pouring rain on yet another wet day, when will it stop

Ann
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi Denise, we are too fellow lincoln people, flying out in October, if you need any info etc just shout. I am also watching the pouring rain on yet another wet day, when will it stop

Ann
Hi Ann
We still haven't decided 100% whether to go to NZ or not - very difficult as there is so much that you don't know about actually living in the country and it is very difficult to find out. Guide books are not that informative other than if you are going on holiday, which I suppose is what they are for!
We actually lived in Australia for a couple of years and in the end returned as it was not for us. I think NZ will be better but are very wary that we may do it all again and still decide to come home. The problem we have is we like the countryside and going for long walks with our dog and although there are some lovely places in Australia, obviously they are lacking in the countryside department and it is not very dog friendly. We have been to NZ on holiday twice and loved it and they have the countryside, but it is difficult to find out how dog friendly it is - we know it won't be like UK with such good public footpaths and countryside accessibility but I am trying to find out if you can just wander off and walk along the coast and go on the beaches etc.
My OH also has to work in Auckland CBD and we are looking on a traffic website most evenings to try and get an idea of traffic going in at rush hour in the morning, between 7 - 8ish and it looks very busy - so I am trying to find out what it is like travelling into CBD from various areas, places we are looking are around Howick to the west and north towards Milford and Torbay. I think my best bet maybe to start a new thread and ask these specific questions and hopefully get some advice from people living in these areas. Anyway, sorry didn't expect to be writing an essay!
Bye for now.