Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hey it's another newbie!

Hey it's another newbie!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Doogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the roughDoogle is a jewel in the rough
Default Hey it's another newbie!

Hi!

Found this site yesterday and i think it is absolutley brilliant! My names Christine and my OH Jon, at the moment we're still living in the uk and dont have plans just yet to move to NZ as we still have things we want to do here but moving out to NZ is what we're hoping to do eventually!

Last edited by Doogle; Apr 14th 2008 at 8:33 am.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Smile Re: Hey it's another newbie!

Originally Posted by Doogle
Hi!

Found this site yesterday and i think it is absolutley brilliant! having read a couple of threads, i have a few questions of my own.

1) Is it easier for you and your partner to be married before immigrating to Nz or anywhere else for that matter?

2) although we havent visited NZ, we are seriously considering moving there at some point in the future, having read some people experiences of immigrating to NZ, it seems very easy, so my question is can i really just get on a plane, and so long as i have a return ticket stay there for 6months?

3) My boyfriend works in IT and has a degree with 3rd class honours, so fair enough he shouldn't have a problem getting in, I on the other hand didnt attend university but have worked for the last 3 yrs as a learning disabilities support worker, i have trawled through the list of skilled worker jobs listed and cannot find something that sounds similar to mine, will this be a problem?

And finally when doing your EOI do both of you need to do one or can you just do one form for both of you?

OK thank you very much and im sorry if the answers to the questions are already listed somewhere else but i havent been able to find them yet!
Hi Doogle ! I'm pretty new at this too !
From what I understand it would be a lot easier if you are married- Your OH will get in with his qualifications - then you would automatically be accepted as his spouse. ( using the same form)

You can still use qualifications for points - I'm a qualified hairdresser - although i don't work in hairdressing ! ( I hate it ) But will get points because it's an NVQ 2 - Not as many as if it was on the shortage list. Start adding points up- you'll be suprised how many you get

Would you really consider getting married just so you could move ?
Then again - would you consider moving to the other side of the world with someone you weren't totally comitted too ?

Take the plunge - get married travel round the world & have a wonderful life

(sorry - I'm just an old romantic 0

Love from Alice xxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hey it's another newbie!

Hallo Doogle from another Bournemouth girl. Welcome to this little NZ forum.