Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hey all, Just arrived here :P

Hey all, Just arrived here :P

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:44 pm
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all
Default Hey all, Just arrived here :P

Hi all

Just found this site

Myself, my Hubby and our 2 kids under 10 are looking into moving to NZ in about 12-18 months. We have lived in Scotland all our lives and want to make a new start for our family. My aunt lived in NZ for 18 years before moving to OZ, although she liked NZ more as she said NZ is more welcoming nd friendly

I have already done a good bit of research, and really am here to hear the good, bad and downright ugly stuff about NZ!

We are looking mainly at either Wellington or Auckland due to job opportunities. I liked Christchurch, but due to many different factors, i.e. jobs, freezing winters and no central heating we dont think its the best place for us.

Anyway, I'll post my questions in the correct places

xxxx
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey all, Just arrived here :P

Welcome to the forum fellow Glaswegian (and fellow mum of 2, boys 8 & 5) ,there seems to be a few of us on this site now maybe that sums up what is happening to our home city
Ask as many questions as you like,usually someone can answer them or point you in the right direction if they can't.

Phyllis
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:12 am
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weejie
Welcome to the forum fellow Glaswegian (and fellow mum of 2, boys 8 & 5) ,there seems to be a few of us on this site now maybe that sums up what is happening to our home city
Ask as many questions as you like,usually someone can answer them or point you in the right direction if they can't.

Phyllis
Hi Phillis

Thanks! Yeah glasgow isnt the way it used to be!

We are hoping to be there next year, but still not decided on a location yet... will depend on what jobs are available.

Anyway, Cheers,

xxx
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:07 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Yummy Mummy isn't a term that has reach these isle as yet, so you'll be setting a new trend - way to go girl.

Come with an open mind, and you should settle well.

More positive than negative aspects to life here (my opinion), read, read and read notices on this site it will give you a real feel for things. Again read with an open mind and take all banter with a pinch of salt. Some like to play 'devils advoccate but if you read a lot you'll get to know these happy campers - they inject the vindaloo into sites.

Again any questions post here, someone will know the answer. As you go through each stage let people know.

Best of luck
Pauline
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:59 am
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by howden40
Yummy Mummy isn't a term that has reach these isle as yet, so you'll be setting a new trend - way to go girl.

Come with an open mind, and you should settle well.

More positive than negative aspects to life here (my opinion), read, read and read notices on this site it will give you a real feel for things. Again read with an open mind and take all banter with a pinch of salt. Some like to play 'devils advoccate but if you read a lot you'll get to know these happy campers - they inject the vindaloo into sites.

Again any questions post here, someone will know the answer. As you go through each stage let people know.

Best of luck
Pauline
hahaha Thanks Pauline

I dunno why i like the Yummy Mummy thing lol I just do... lol

Yeah i have read alot of good and bad things about NZ, but i think you have to make your own decisions. I am not a hard to please person, and as long as my kids are ok, then i'm good.

The other thing i also think, is that if u have a good reason to move then you are more likely to put everything into it and make it work for u. I plan to go to NZ and make a good life for me and my family regardless of what people say. The only stuff i will take on board is really info about areas and where not to go. Crime and things like that happen everywhere so i am not gonna escape that, but i'm sure we will have a much better life in NZ.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm sure you will see me posting alot of my questions haha
xxx
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:58 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

When you think of an area you might like to live in, set up a thread for advice, were spread around so chances are someone will live in or near to where you are thinking of.

Best of luck

Pauline
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:17 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by howden40
When you think of an area you might like to live in, set up a thread for advice, were spread around so chances are someone will live in or near to where you are thinking of.

Best of luck

Pauline
Cheers Pauline.

Theres some good reading in the ones already on lol
I think there is good and bad in every place. I think u gotta way up the % of good to the %of bad!

But we need to go where the work is!
So it will probably be close to cities, I like the surrounding suburbs of Auckland and Wellington. Did like Christchurch, but am not sure due to many bad comments about it.

Well, when i am ready, I will set up a post to find out more.

xxx
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome to the NZ forum. Happy Posting and have some karma .