Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.

Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.

Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.

Front of house,garage and my car in driveway
Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.-dsc_4773.jpg
Back of house
Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.-dsc_4775.jpg
Views from deck
Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.-dsc_4768.jpg
Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.-dsc_4767.jpg
Garden from deck
Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.-dsc_4765.jpg

Hi folks,just a quick update on our life so far in Dunedin.

Really enjoying life in NZ. Boys love school and I am settling in at work. OH is doing well as a stay at home dad but has had lots of boxes to empty!! We cannot get over how quickly we have all settled and it feels as if we have been here a lot longer than 4 weeks,and more than just 12 days in the house. It does help that we have all our things about us,pictures on the walls etc so thanks to those of you who advised to bring all our stuff,it has helped. We have bought new things too....cars,beds,40" flat screen TV,white goods and much,much more!!!!

The people have been really friendly and I think we have just about got our head around the right turn rule. Everything is more laid back and to be honest so are we. Things that would have set me off on one back in Scotland I am not getting phased by. OK, I am trying hard not to let it but it's been easier than I thought. We have called family loads of times and to be honest it has been easier than I thought,not as emotional either. My folks called tonight as we have just got the phone and internet sorted and it was a lovely surprise. I have found shopping for food ok and we seem to be coping ok with the different things,even my fussy youngest.Life is going good just now.Long may it continue.
Phyl x
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:23 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here you go Fi,as requested! Our new house.

Wow! house looks brill! great photos and so good to hear you've settled into your new life.... followed your posts and joined BE just before you left so great to read your updates!
Thanks B x
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Life sounds good! You seemed to have settled no problem. Hopefully we will one day get to experience the big move over to NZ. I know everyone copes differently but its nice to hear that its not always so bad. Sometimes you read about the heartbreak of leaving family and the constant crying, good to hear from someone who hasnt had such a bad time of it.

Wishing you & your family much happiness in your new life

PS, if you go to The Ale House have a Speights for me!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

sary is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! The views are cool.

I can't wait to get to Dunedin now - this time in 6 weeks I'll be there!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by weejie
Front of house,garage and my car in driveway
Attachment 83439
Back of house
Attachment 83440
Views from deck
Attachment 83443
Attachment 83442
Garden from deck
Attachment 83441

Hi folks,just a quick update on our life so far in Dunedin.

Really enjoying life in NZ. Boys love school and I am settling in at work. OH is doing well as a stay at home dad but has had lots of boxes to empty!! We cannot get over how quickly we have all settled and it feels as if we have been here a lot longer than 4 weeks,and more than just 12 days in the house. It does help that we have all our things about us,pictures on the walls etc so thanks to those of you who advised to bring all our stuff,it has helped. We have bought new things too....cars,beds,40" flat screen TV,white goods and much,much more!!!!

The people have been really friendly and I think we have just about got our head around the right turn rule. Everything is more laid back and to be honest so are we. Things that would have set me off on one back in Scotland I am not getting phased by. OK, I am trying hard not to let it but it's been easier than I thought. We have called family loads of times and to be honest it has been easier than I thought,not as emotional either. My folks called tonight as we have just got the phone and internet sorted and it was a lovely surprise. I have found shopping for food ok and we seem to be coping ok with the different things,even my fussy youngest.Life is going good just now.Long may it continue.
Phyl x
Looks really WOW!!! its lovely to hear your positive remarks.. very beautiful views and house....

Berni xx
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys - it looks very , very beautiful - enjoy
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bolton1
Hi guys - it looks very , very beautiful - enjoy
Hi Phylis, so lovely to hear from you that things are all well. So very glad for you that after all your worries here you did finally get there. Its nice to have followed your story here on BE and to have a happy ending. Good luck to you and yours for a very happy life in NZ. It also gives me the hope that one day we will be able to fulfil our dreams aswell
Best wishes
Chris x
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alchris
Hi Phylis, so lovely to hear from you that things are all well. So very glad for you that after all your worries here you did finally get there. Its nice to have followed your story here on BE and to have a happy ending. Good luck to you and yours for a very happy life in NZ. It also gives me the hope that one day we will be able to fulfil our dreams aswell
Best wishes
Chris x
sorry forgot to say the house and views look amazing, not jealous at all!!!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:23 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! how beautiful, thanks for posting really helps to remind me why we are leaving family & friends behind

Good luck to you and your family, long may you enjoy your new home

Dewb
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yaaanaay those photos are awesome! Are you living in Waverley? That inlet bay in the second photo is where my car ended up on a very frosty, winter morning...you have been warned. Thankfully tide was out so no big probs, I even managed to play a game of rugby in the arvo.

Hope you settle in well to life and living in Dunedin.

When you have time to have a proper explore go down to The Spit - Aramoana Beach. Go to the beach on the right hand side of the big rockwall thingee going out to sea. Walk along to the end and you get the most amazing view of the sea and up the harbour back towards the city (and the penquin colony over the other side of the harbour). It is amazing and one of my most favourite places in the whole world!!! Be careful if you have dogs (or kids or both) there are seals all along the beach that pop up now and then.

All the best
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ooo Phyl. That looks totally brilliant

Is that a greenhouse down in the garden too?

So pleased to read you are settling in gradually. Looking forward to reading more . Don't be a stranger now
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your updated - I'm a nosey cow so love it when people give us the latest!

The house and views look lovely - that's a lot of garden to be looking after so good luck to your husband with that!

So pleased you are all settled and happy. Best wishes.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannigirl
Yaaanaay those photos are awesome! Are you living in Waverley? That inlet bay in the second photo is where my car ended up on a very frosty, winter morning...you have been warned. Thankfully tide was out so no big probs, I even managed to play a game of rugby in the arvo.

Hope you settle in well to life and living in Dunedin.

When you have time to have a proper explore go down to The Spit - Aramoana Beach. Go to the beach on the right hand side of the big rockwall thingee going out to sea. Walk along to the end and you get the most amazing view of the sea and up the harbour back towards the city (and the penquin colony over the other side of the harbour). It is amazing and one of my most favourite places in the whole world!!! Be careful if you have dogs (or kids or both) there are seals all along the beach that pop up now and then.

All the best
No not in Waverley but Andersons Bay which as you know is right next to Waverley. Kids go to Grants Braes school and I work at Dunedin hospital so all close by. Are you in Dunedin still?

Have already been to Aramoana and The Mole, the albatross colony,Moeraki boulders,Brighton beach,Lake Waihola,Middlemarch,Palmerston and Runfurly. Hoping to head south to the Catlins and over to Milford Sounds and Queenstown soon.

Phyl x
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ooo Phyl. That looks totally brilliant

Is that a greenhouse down in the garden too?

So pleased to read you are settling in gradually. Looking forward to reading more . Don't be a stranger now
Yes it is a large greenhouse which is presently occupied by a very large,overgrown and dead vine. Looks like it will be a big job to get rid of it which will be left a while as more important things to do first! But OH wants to use the greenhouse eventually.

Phyl x
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:29 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
No not in Waverley but Andersons Bay which as you know is right next to Waverley. Kids go to Grants Braes school and I work at Dunedin hospital so all close by. Are you in Dunedin still?

Have already been to Aramoana and The Mole, the albatross colony,Moeraki boulders,Brighton beach,Lake Waihola,Middlemarch,Palmerston and Runfurly. Hoping to head south to the Catlins and over to Milford Sounds and Queenstown soon.

Phyl x
You're well travelled already I see. Make sure you try out Oamaru for a daytrip too. And Mt Cook is only about 3.5 hours away so its good for a weekend trip. And there are roads up Signal Hill and Mt Cargill which are almost obligatory for newbies to the city, helps you get your bearings and both have great views. There are plenty of walks between those vantage points and Flagstaff also, if you fancy a good walk.

Liked your pictures too. I think I know exactly where you are, but couldn't work out if it was Waverley or Andy Bay. We have friends in Every St with a similar outlook towards the city, and they say they're in Waverley.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.