Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help ! What type of ticket if return date is possible unknown.

Help ! What type of ticket if return date is possible unknown.

Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Help ! What type of ticket if return date is possible unknown.

Help !

If one has to return to the UK but doesn't know when one will be able to return what type of ticket should I be looking for.

Can I book a cheapish ticket with Air Singapore for instance with a return date and then change that or is there an 'open ended' ticket or something.

Sorry to sound muddled .
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help ! What type of ticket if return date is possible unknown.

I think you can buy what is called an open end ticket, i know you can with Air NZ, then you ring them up when you need to use the return part and they get you on the next available flight, hope this helps.
Steph.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Help ! What type of ticket if return date is possible unknown.

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Help !

If one has to return to the UK but doesn't know when one will be able to return what type of ticket should I be looking for.

Can I book a cheapish ticket with Air Singapore for instance with a return date and then change that or is there an 'open ended' ticket or something.

Sorry to sound muddled .
Hi Bev i hope everything is ok...When i went to the Uk last i had booked a return ticket but it was one that i was allowed to change at cost of $100NZ per change (because my gran had died then my mum became ill and then i fell over damaged my knee and couldnt fly home so my ticket was changed 3 times in all) Just ask when you book.
Anything i can do to help let me know.
Cheers
Cally
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help ! What type of ticket if return date is possible unknown.

as above, with air nz you can change the return date the day before your flight, it costs 20 pounds and any difference if a dearer flight etc

hope everything ok bev