Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help!!! what to do?

Help!!! what to do?

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about
Default Help!!! what to do?

Hello

Has anyone been in this position? We're in the process of renewing our kids' passports then transferring the IRRVs to the new ones. The problem is, my daughter's passport is nowhere to be seen. I know there's a lost passport option on the UK site but I can't find anything about transferring IRRVS when there isn't an old passport to back up our request on the immigration site. Just wondering if anyone can point me in a direction please? It also doesn't help that our drs, 7 years after we moved out here and after already showing our residency status, is now asking to see passports and proof of residency again so we can continue receiving reduced health care. So it's a big arrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!! I will ring immigration monday but if anyone has been in this situation over a passport, your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:48 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!! what to do?

not sure what to do about the lost passport but do you not have the confirmation letter from Immigration of the approval of visa? maybe this could be used to get the visa back in the new passport?
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the reply...luckily and amazingly her passport has surfaced now :-)
Old Nov 25th 2012, 1:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

glad that's a weight off your mind.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:16 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojos
Hello

Has anyone been in this position? We're in the process of renewing our kids' passports then transferring the IRRVs to the new ones. The problem is, my daughter's passport is nowhere to be seen. I know there's a lost passport option on the UK site but I can't find anything about transferring IRRVS when there isn't an old passport to back up our request on the immigration site. Just wondering if anyone can point me in a direction please? It also doesn't help that our drs, 7 years after we moved out here and after already showing our residency status, is now asking to see passports and proof of residency again so we can continue receiving reduced health care. So it's a big arrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!! I will ring immigration monday but if anyone has been in this situation over a passport, your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Immigration NZ do have a record of visa's they issue, they are not entirely dependant on the bluey in your passport to know they issued you with a visa....
Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

I was thinking that anyway but didn't know the protocol around it. I just couldn't find anywhere that gave me that info. As I said though. IT'S BEEN FOUND...it's amazing what a night's sleep can do...looked everywhere and then it just appeared
Old Nov 26th 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Immigration NZ do have a record of visa's they issue, they are not entirely dependant on the bluey in your passport to know they issued you with a visa....