Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Roland.H will become famous soon enoughRoland.H will become famous soon enough
Default Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

Help? Advice? Please.....

I am single and want to move to NZ but after a points check I only have 90 points but with a job offer I would get 140 points which means a good chance of getting residence accepted for NZ.

I work as a Sports Development Manager in a local authority and unfortunately it is not in urgent occupation in demand in NZ and apparently these types of positions come up infrequently Talked to a consultant in NZ about finding a job and looks like I may have a chance but must wait until they crop up.... Having to put everything on hold until that job comes along.

Anyway, bit worried about the short time frame from getting a job offer and then having to send in my EOI and if successful my ITA back in about 2 months which is what i suspect an employer would wait for me to get over there to start my job. I can get all the documents together asap but more concerned about the time taken for the immigration process.

Anyone in the same situation? Has someone gone through this before and got any suggestions what I can do?

Many Thanks, Roland
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:08 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Help - Want to go to NZ but can't find a job?

Can't offer much advice other than that you might have more success in finding employment on this end rather than trying to get a NZ job from the UK.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

cathdarke1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roland.H
Help? Advice? Please.....

I am single and want to move to NZ but after a points check I only have 90 points but with a job offer I would get 140 points which means a good chance of getting residence accepted for NZ.

I work as a Sports Development Manager in a local authority and unfortunately it is not in urgent occupation in demand in NZ and apparently these types of positions come up infrequently Talked to a consultant in NZ about finding a job and looks like I may have a chance but must wait until they crop up.... Having to put everything on hold until that job comes along.

Anyway, bit worried about the short time frame from getting a job offer and then having to send in my EOI and if successful my ITA back in about 2 months which is what i suspect an employer would wait for me to get over there to start my job. I can get all the documents together asap but more concerned about the time taken for the immigration process.

Anyone in the same situation? Has someone gone through this before and got any suggestions what I can do?

Many Thanks, Roland
Hi,

Don't worry about the time scale of immigration - My Other half got his job whilst in the UK. He got his job offer in the April and we moved out here in the August. If they want you they will wait!!! - Once again don't worry about it. The kiwis don't rush things through on jobs like in the UK.

Cath
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:31 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by cathdarke1

Hi,

Don't worry about the time scale of immigration - My Other half got his job whilst in the UK. He got his job offer in the April and we moved out here in the August. If they want you they will wait!!! - Once again don't worry about it. The kiwis don't rush things through on jobs like in the UK.

Cath
Great that your partner was able to get his job while in the UK. What sort of work does he do?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happynz
Great that your partner was able to get his job while in the UK. What sort of work does he do?
He does Civil Engineering
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:09 pm

He does Civil Engineering
New Zealand surely do need his skills.

Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:47 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Is "Sports Development Manager" on the LTSSL?... if not, go there, get a job, and lodge a work permit application. Has to be for over NZ$50K.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Maz
Is "Sports Development Manager" on the LTSSL?... if not, go there, get a job, and lodge a work permit application. Has to be for over NZ$50K.
Thanks Maz for the suggestion, I will have a look........
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Hi,

Cath
Thanks for the encouraging support,

I also hope my employer would let me have enough time to do all the NZIS paperwork. I suspect 3-5 months from EOI submitted on the day of the job offer to an offer of residence.

Thanks
Roland
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by happynz
Can't offer much advice other than that you might have more success in finding employment on this end rather than trying to get a NZ job from the UK.

Thanks happynz, I hope that I can get it all done at this end first but it may come to a move there to find work.

Thanks, Roland
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:10 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks happynz, I hope that I can get it all done at this end first but it may come to a move there to find work.

Thanks, Roland

Roland

Have you seen this lot ??? Google is your friend

I would contact everyone of them and see where it takes you.

Good Luck
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the encouraging support,

I also hope my employer would let me have enough time to do all the NZIS paperwork. I suspect 3-5 months from EOI submitted on the day of the job offer to an offer of residence.

Thanks
Roland
Hi Roland,

If you get a job offer whilst in the Uk and they are on the Employer Sponsor list - You can come on a Work to Residence visa which lasts 3 years (after 2 years you can apply for permanent residency). Immigration in London can issue this visa within 2 weeks as long as you have been for your medical. This is the visa we have come on - It took us longer as we have 2 children and they came on Studen Visas.

Look on www.seek.co.nz and www.search4jobs.co.nz

Cath
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:15 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Roland

Have you seen this lot ??? Google is your friend

I would contact everyone of them and see where it takes you.

Good Luck

Didn't attach the link

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en...cr%3DcountryNZ

HTH
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:20 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh just jack your job in and come over.... worked for us!!

Saying that nobody ever said I was clever!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

Roland,
I you look on www.Trademe.co.nz , there is a job there if your intrested in that all I can nsay is don't waste your money on consultants they only get your money and you my not hear any thing for a while.

Ignore the words at the bottom of all the adverts. They willl say don't appy if you don't have permision to work. Just send your C.V to all the orginisations in local authorities as in local papers they ask for sports people.

I hope this helps and good luck.

I was offered a job and now work in Lower Hutt, and did all the leg work my self, and payed off.
if you want to ask anything PM me.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.