Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HELP- regarding ANZSCO

HELP- regarding ANZSCO

Old May 13th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

sukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nice
Default HELP- regarding ANZSCO

hi all

Can anybody either define this statement or tell me where to look.

Anzsco - indicative skill level

At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.

I'm focusing on the may --is there a policy that describes what they mean

i.e always accepted, or what they feel like at the time. Wish this bit was a little more clear cut.

Cheers
lou
Old May 13th 2009, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Immihopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP- regarding ANZSCO

ANZSCO stands for : Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, it is a trans NZ-AUS skills comparison list go to link below to search for your occupation and it will give you details of what it is worth.
Link:
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]&num=&view=

Sometimes they recognize work experience as exam equivilent, but I do not know how this relates to EOI and ITA, perhaps someone can shed light on this!
Old May 13th 2009, 11:14 pm
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Immihopeful
ANZSCO stands for : Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, it is a trans NZ-AUS skills comparison list go to link below to search for your occupation and it will give you details of what it is worth.
Link:
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]&num=&view=

Sometimes they recognize work experience as exam equivilent, but I do not know how this relates to EOI and ITA, perhaps someone can shed light on this!
I wish they would! And yes, I would like to know what they mean by this cos no one I have dealt with so far has ...
Old May 14th 2009, 12:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sukilou78
hi all

Can anybody either define this statement or tell me where to look.

Anzsco - indicative skill level

At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.

I'm focusing on the may --is there a policy that describes what they mean

i.e always accepted, or what they feel like at the time. Wish this bit was a little more clear cut.

Cheers
lou
I was thinkng about this last night.

With the SMC it used to be that it was a requirement that you had the full overseas qualifications to match the skill/trade. You had to have them or it was no dice.
Then the rules were changed to bring New Zealand into line with Australian rules .

So, I think this means that if you have worked in a skilled occupation and have the ability , work experience and skill to do the job , then they may let you off not having a formal qualification as in a trade cert or a degree etc. & still let you apply through the SMC if you have enough points.

It's not a conversion thing as such , so no points for a basic qual .

Nothing to do with NZQA . It would be an NZIS decision made on a case by case decision.

Not quite sure how this theory reflects on an EOI application though.
Old May 14th 2009, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

sukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nicesukilou78 is just really nice

Thanks BEVS you have made the mud a little clearer now