Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help Please Ex/ Service Men

Help Please Ex/ Service Men

Old Jul 21st 2010, 3:12 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Please Ex/ Service Men

I hope that some may be able to help me.
I need to talk to Exservice men that are Approaching the End of their Duties in Service of the Crown or have you left in the past year and now living in NZ.
Could you please PM me.
Not so sure if I have posted this in the best location.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:31 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please Ex/ Service Men

Can't help, been out nearly twenty years.
Don't ever recall having done "duties in service of the crown", I just did my "time!"
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
I hope that some may be able to help me.
I need to talk to Exservice men that are Approaching the End of their Duties in Service of the Crown or have you left in the past year and now living in NZ.
Could you please PM me.
Not so sure if I have posted this in the best location.
Can I ask why? You haven't said in your post. People may be more apt to respond if they know why you are looking.

Sue
Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue
Can I ask why? You haven't said in your post. People may be more apt to respond if they know why you are looking.

Sue
Yes Sue was not so sure if I could go to print with all the information so when I get back home(just on my way out to the Airport to pick some one up) and have more time I will put some information on and I you feel is not exceptionable please advise.
Thank you good point.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue

Sue
OK sorry for the time its taken to get back
I have been asked to place an advert in a Magazine called Forward Move International only printed for those Approaching end of Duties in service to the crown.
I am looking to see if any one has had a copy of this MAGAZINE.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

mac917 will become famous soon enoughmac917 will become famous soon enough

I am an ex- serviceman, discharged after 23 years last September. Cant think of the mag you mean but you are welcome to pm me or any advice.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mac917
I am an ex- serviceman, discharged after 23 years last September. Cant think of the mag you mean but you are welcome to pm me or any advice.
Thank you so much I have to pay up front before publication. I have been advised that they send out over 25000 and I do not wish to hand over any money till I have found out some information on Barpoint Enterprises Scotland.
I will pm you later
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much I have to pay up front before publication. I have been advised that they send out over 25000 and I do not wish to hand over any money till I have found out some information on Barpoint Enterprises Scotland.
I will pm you later
I would be very careful. We were once offered advertising in a 'Police' magazine, the web page they directed us to showed various front covers but they could not send us an actual copy to look at. Doubt it existed. Asked Police friends and they had never heard of the mag. They kept ringing and then tried to say that we had verbally agreed to the advert and tried to charge us. Once we started saying we had spoken with the local Police and were taking advice from our Legal Team they disappeared completely.
I know this may not be the same scenario but if it is unsolicited advertising, in a magazine that you've never heard of......
Good luck
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by j19fmm
I would be very careful. We were once offered advertising in a 'Police' magazine, the web page they directed us to showed various front covers but they could not send us an actual copy to look at. Doubt it existed. Asked Police friends and they had never heard of the mag. They kept ringing and then tried to say that we had verbally agreed to the advert and tried to charge us. Once we started saying we had spoken with the local Police and were taking advice from our Legal Team they disappeared completely.
I know this may not be the same scenario but if it is unsolicited advertising, in a magazine that you've never heard of......
Good luck
Hi Thank you so much and to others that have PM me.
The information back from the UK is the Company has no Credit Rating and has Recent County Court Judgements Jeff Cooper is not the Director and no Reference can be found to the Publication so yes its one big scam!!!!!

In the information they sent to me looks good as they have enclosed all the ARMED FORCES operation PO numbers and LocationWhat ever happened to security

Also I understand they have placed lots of call to NZ and just hope no one falls for the scam!!!!. Wonder if I should call the police as I was given lots of information that has some cause for concern as one top training Police Officer name was give to me as a point of reference that works in Ch-Ch that passed on lots of contacts for them to call.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You were asked for money for something that doesn't exist. That's fraud. Call the plods.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:16 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Thank you so much and to others that have PM me.
The information back from the UK is the Company has no Credit Rating and has Recent County Court Judgements Jeff Cooper is not the Director and no Reference can be found to the Publication so yes its one big scam!!!!!

In the information they sent to me looks good as they have enclosed all the ARMED FORCES operation PO numbers and LocationWhat ever happened to security

Also I understand they have placed lots of call to NZ and just hope no one falls for the scam!!!!. Wonder if I should call the police as I was given lots of information that has some cause for concern as one top training Police Officer name was give to me as a point of reference that works in Ch-Ch that passed on lots of contacts for them to call.
You might want to let the local po-po know about it, especially if you are being solicited (called etc) at home. Even if you havent suffered a loss, that way they can get the word out.

A teeny bit of advice when posting, especially starting a thread, always be open and honest and give reasons if you can for what you are doing. That way you are more likely to have more responses. Vague postings and requests often seem like spam...just FYI..

Have fun Yorkie..
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SDDep
You might want to let the local po-po know about it, especially if you are being solicited (called etc) at home. Even if you havent suffered a loss, that way they can get the word out.

A teeny bit of advice when posting, especially starting a thread, always be open and honest and give reasons if you can for what you are doing. That way you are more likely to have more responses. Vague postings and requests often seem like spam...just FYI..

Have fun Yorkie..
Thank you and Bev
First I did not want to sound as if I was Advertising and thankfully we have site rules and would like to keep my friends.
I have not suffered a loss but we are sure others may well do so, the first call from them was 2.30am I have saved the phone call so I will take this to the Po.
Hope I dont start a thread like this again but its been a big help and thats why expats is so good.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:03 am
Account Closed

Thank you and Bev
First I did not want to sound as if I was Advertising and thankfully we have site rules and would like to keep my friends.
I have not suffered a loss but we are sure others may well do so, the first call from them was 2.30am I have saved the phone call so I will take this to the Po.
Hope I dont start a thread like this again but its been a big help and thats why expats is so good.
Thank you all so much for the PM that have been sent to me and yes it was a scam.
I even had a phone call from the UK to advise ne that the company had even contacted lots in Aus as well!!! so it is now under investigation.