Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:42 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP are New Zealand roads like this all the time ?

Originally Posted by Baron Silas Greenback
Thanks

London, Sydenham to be exact.

He is a New Zealander.

Doesnt offend he picked the silly name. I should probably get my own login.

I am moving to NZ after spending a year with him there in 2004, it was lovely. And he wants to return home for good and start a family. I liked the time I spent living there and think the UK is not as good for bringing up a family.

Ahh, explains the strong patriotism ( for NZ).

Do I understand that the Kiwi Baron didn’t make the UK his home ?

At a guess, I would say you are from Eastern Europe .

Do you already have a family or you looking at creating the Baronettes ( good band ).

Well good luck and one thing for sure, NZ is certainly not as crowded as London, well at least not until they sort out the housing shortage
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

You seriously need to see a therapist...

And again you try with the victim approach, your not a victim, you are a whinger.
You are reading too much into it, victim?
Whinger , You and your so called partner are doing enough of that for everybody.
Never mind a therapist, you need to get some balls and stop sending a female ( or male as you could be gay) to do your dirty work for you.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:46 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough

At a guess, I would say you are from Eastern Europe .
eh? You asked where i was from and I told you.. Sydenham, London. Not sure where you get Eastern Europe from.

Do I understand that the Kiwi Baron didn’t make the UK his home ?
He has been here for 10 years, with 1 year in the NZ in 2004. I am sure he considered the UK as home in many ways, but thats a difficult concept to nail down. What you define as home changes from individual to individual. He is attached enough to support Crystal Palace and only a local would be foolish enough to do that.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:46 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Whats Karma?
It's about being nice to people

Hey, sorry I asked if you were French - ouch, that must be your ( and every other Kiwi) biggest nightmare ( after being British of course).
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:47 am
Banned

Baron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the roughBaron Silas Greenback is a jewel in the rough

Never mind a therapist, you need to get some balls and stop sending a female ( or male as you could be gay) to do your dirty work for you.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:47 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
You can post what you like but , you know where the airport is and being accused of bitching moves the goalposts.
Insults, just look who cast the first stone.

Lies
The houses are cold (mostly)
Wages are not good,
Drivers are crap , The test over here is to easy now, I can't imagine how it was 30 years ago. These are concerns to many people. You people belong in a fascist dictatorship where only propaganda by you is published. Are you the morality censor on this site?
You have your head the same place as your mate. See earlier post. You are the bitter twisted individuals who like to stick their heads in the sand.
I tried to explain other peoples outlook to you but alas you have your earplugs in. I can post my opinions on here within the forum rules. You must be the self assigned moderators.
Erm... how, exactly, is this helpful to people looking to this forum for advice and information on moving to New Zealand?

BTW, many thanks for the PM. Apology accepted, of course... but I must admit it would have been nice if you could have done this on the open thread; that is where you chose to slate me afterall

To the OP, bascially, yes, NZ roads and road etiquette are different from the UK. Hoons are a problem in some areas, and depending on your attitude and adaptability you will either like or dislike driving here. I can't speak of Auckland in particular as I've spent little time there. I think maybe if you are to successfully relocate to a new country you have to accept it for what it is and not compare to UK, afterall it is a country with a short history, relatively few people compared to UK and is set up to accommodate its needs not those of people who consider it to be akin to a third world / second rate country.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:49 am
Banned

Hey, sorry I asked if you were French - ouch, that must be your ( and every other Kiwi) biggest nightmare ( after being British of course).
I am not a Kiwi, my partner is, clearly this is to confusing for the slower individuals on the board.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:51 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Since when was inviting someone to make a positive contribution considered to be bullying?

You came here to whinge about people whinging but when the hand of friendship is extended to you you back off.

Got to admire the way to learned to do multiple quotes in your post so quickly, see I knew you're an old hand at this forum thing.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:53 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
You are reading too much into it, victim?
Whinger , You and your so called partner are doing enough of that for everybody.
this really isn't called for mcuddy1. She is just as entitled to post here as you are and has made some valid points. These sort of posts really aren't helpful to anyone.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:55 am
Banned

eh? You asked where i was from and I told you.. Sydenham, London. Not sure where you get Eastern Europe from.

He has been here for 10 years, with 1 year in the NZ in 2004. I am sure he considered the UK as home in many ways, but thats a difficult concept to nail down. What you define as home changes from individual to individual. He is attached enough to support Crystal Palace and only a local would be foolish enough to do that.
Just a thought Baronesse,

If New Zealand is such a great place why did The (Kiwi) Baron move to the UK and take him 10 years to decide he wants to return ?

I mean, let’s face it, if the Baron is from Dunedin ( just for the sake of this scenario) he must have been in shock the first time he saw multi story buildings.

Hey, if you have a British ( or already have adapted the Kiwi sense of humour) tell us please –

Do you have the central heating turned on in winter ?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:55 am
Banned

Got to admire the way to learned to do multiple quotes in your post so quickly, see I knew you're an old hand at this forum thing.
Yes.. those quotes they are a are tricky concept...

He wanted me to start a thread, I ignored him, you bought it up again like its some sort of challenge. Thats not a hand of friendship. I am quite capable of deciding when and if I should start a thread, I dont need to be invited or instructed thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:56 am

I am not a Kiwi, my partner is, clearly this is to confusing for the slower individuals on the board.
Some of us are a lot quicker than you give us credit for.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:01 am
Banned

If New Zealand is such a great place why did The (Kiwi) Baron move to the UK and take him 10 years to decide he wants to return ?
He says he came here for travelling and to broaden his horizons ( I suspect it was to chase foriegn totty)... later it was financial .. sending money from Uk to NZ enabled him to buy a house. Later it was after he met me. 10 years adds up fats apparently.

I mean, let’s face it, if the Baron is from Dunedin ( just for the sake of this scenario) he must have been in shock the first time he saw multi story buildings.
How very condescending.

Hey, if you have a British ( or already have adapted the Kiwi sense of humour) tell us please –

Do you have the central heating turned on in winter ?
The winter I spent in NZ was the coldest I have ever had, but the summer was the most pleasant, the houses in NZ are just built differently, the use the concept of indoor/outdoor flow much mich better, and this makes summers awesome.

(we are both contributing now by the way, he is hovering over my shoulder)
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:04 am

Yes.. those quotes they are a are tricky concept...
Aren't they just , so you DO admit to being an old hand at this forum thing?

He wanted me to start a thread, I ignored him, you bought it up again like its some sort of challenge. Thats not a hand of friendship. I am quite capable of deciding when and if I should start a thread, I dont need to be invited or instructed thanks.
Ok, in your own good time, we look forward to reading it.

Last edited by Nerine; Nov 8th 2007 at 9:07 am.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:08 am
TeamEmbo

What has the questioning of BSG in such minute detail got to do with NZ roads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.