Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help Info Needed On Meds!!

Help Info Needed On Meds!!

Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

jrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura about
Default Help Info Needed On Meds!!

Please could somebody help where can we get the info on where we would have to go for our meds or can your doctor do them.

We are warwickshire could anybody let me know where the closest to us would be also while I'm on here the police checks do you just contact your local police station.I probably sound very thick but i really do not have a clue,and we need to get these done very quickly.

Helen
Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:54 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Info Needed On Meds!!

Originally Posted by jrsuk73
Please could somebody help where can we get the info on where we would have to go for our meds or can your doctor do them.

We are warwickshire could anybody let me know where the closest to us would be also while I'm on here the police checks do you just contact your local police station.I probably sound very thick but i really do not have a clue,and we need to get these done very quickly.

Helen
Hi Helen

You need to use one of the panel doctors from this list... http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs.htm?level=1 it's worth ringing round as prices can vary from place to place.

This is the Warwickshire Police form for clearance - just print it out and follow the instructions and away you go... http://www.warwickshire.police.uk/Do...p7.pdf/dp7.pdf
Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:56 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Help Info Needed On Meds!!

Helen
Hi go on NZIS website all info is on there and the Doctors you can use in your area. Some you can do Meds and X-rays at both.

Cheers Kevin
Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

jrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by St George Six
Hi go on NZIS website all info is on there and the Doctors you can use in your area. Some you can do Meds and X-rays at both.

Cheers Kevin
Thanks Kevin and Pinkie, this is really helpful information and will look into it now

Helen
Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:46 pm

SteveNZ has a brilliant futureSteveNZ has a brilliant futureSteveNZ has a brilliant futureSteveNZ has a brilliant futureSteveNZ has a brilliant futureSteveNZ has a brilliant future

Police checks: - DON"T leave these until last minute. In my my (and others) experience - the ONLY reason the police will give you this data is because the Data Protection Act forces them to give you access. This law also says they must provide it within (IIRC) six weeks. Guess how long it takes to arrive - yep - exactly six weeks.

The request for a police check goes through your local police - but then onto Scotland Yard in London - who sit on it as long as possible. This aspect REALLY frustrated my - especially since policemen that I knew could get the same info from the PNC (police national computer) in seconds by asking for a "body check" on their radios......

good luck..!
Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SteveNZ
Police checks: - DON"T leave these until last minute. In my my (and others) experience - the ONLY reason the police will give you this data is because the Data Protection Act forces them to give you access. This law also says they must provide it within (IIRC) six weeks. Guess how long it takes to arrive - yep - exactly six weeks.

The request for a police check goes through your local police - but then onto Scotland Yard in London - who sit on it as long as possible. This aspect REALLY frustrated my - especially since policemen that I knew could get the same info from the PNC (police national computer) in seconds by asking for a "body check" on their radios......

good luck..!
Hi Steve

Thats sounds about right, a friend of mine needed police checks when she passed her teaching exams and waited 12 weeks, they said there was a huge backlog.

We have just printed the forms off now and are filling them in to send in Monday mornings post, so just hope it doesn't take to long

Helen
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:07 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve

Thats sounds about right, a friend of mine needed police checks when she passed her teaching exams and waited 12 weeks, they said there was a huge backlog.

We have just printed the forms off now and are filling them in to send in Monday mornings post, so just hope it doesn't take to long

Helen
Don't know about anyone else but we got our police clearance back in 17 days!!!

Just to clarify re your friend's experience - Clearance for teachers and others working in schools is a different type of clearance to that required for immigration purposes - it is CRB clearance and yes, there is always a backlog with that but it is much quicker now than when the CRB system was first introduced...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 31st 2005 at 12:10 am.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pinkie Pie]Don't know about anyone else but we got our police clearance back in 17 days!!!

We sent ours off at different times because the OH is a teacher and so had to register with NZ teaching council, they requested police clearances,Got ours back in days even thought they were posted differently, very surprised. Hopefully they'll just still be in date for ITA submission.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:32 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Does anybody know what you do about getting police certificates once you're in NZ? Ours will expire in January, but given how long the EOIs are taking to be assessed (8 weeks minimum at the moment) we may not be able to submit our ITA before we leave in October. We're expecting to receive the ITA at the beginning of September, have meds booked for 13th Sept, and as everything else will be ready then we wanted to take it with us and submit it in Christchurch, but any further hold ups on the EOIs mean we'll have to continue it over there. So if it comes to it, and the police certs expire, how do we go about getting them done from NZ?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Does anybody know what you do about getting police certificates once you're in NZ? Ours will expire in January, but given how long the EOIs are taking to be assessed (8 weeks minimum at the moment) we may not be able to submit our ITA before we leave in October. We're expecting to receive the ITA at the beginning of September, have meds booked for 13th Sept, and as everything else will be ready then we wanted to take it with us and submit it in Christchurch, but any further hold ups on the EOIs mean we'll have to continue it over there. So if it comes to it, and the police certs expire, how do we go about getting them done from NZ?
Hi Jan, the ITA states as long as the medicals and police certificates are in date when they receive them with your completed ITA. So you should be OK.