Reload this Page >

Help I need a hairdresser

Help I need a hairdresser

Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:42 am
Just Joined

pruney is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help I need a hairdresser

Hi,

Does anyone know where to go in Christchurch for a great haircut and colour. I am at my wits end trying to find a hairdresser, and so far I have tried 3 or 4 but have ended up with hair disasters and now I am at the point where I am scared to venture into one.

I would like to know of any mobile hairdressers in the area that are good as it's nice to have the same person doing your hair because they know what you like.

Please help, otherwise I will have to resort to wearing a wig.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice
Default Re: Help I need a hairdresser

Hya where have you been to so far, before i recommend one to you
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some hairstyles here are incredible. All the Maoris look like Shaft, the women look like the birds out of Human League. I've not seen this many mullets since Newcastle away!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dubstar
Hya where have you been to so far, before i recommend one to you
I've been to a couple of smaller ones along columbo street I think it's called Look and one on Manchester St called True Grit and one in St martins.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean - I went for a trim and came back with what my darling OH described as a mullet. Took about 5 months before it recovered. :curse:

I've tried a few other in the last 2 years and now go to Servilles and pay a small fortune for cut and colour which is reasonably good but overpriced.

Any suggestions of good hairdressers in CBD/East Auckland would be really appreciated!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

Alana, who works in Rodney Wayne in Riccarton is excellent
Old Oct 5th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

This may or may not work - if you know anyone or see anyone whose haircut looks good to you, ask them where they had it done. They'll be flattered you asked.

(It worked for me with my last regular hairdresser, but my current hairdresser I found totally by happy accident and we've been together for over 10 happy years...)

Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

hi jacky g here.....i'm a hairdresser myself....don't know if you have a chain of shnipps hairdressers near you....but i go to lee who works in pakaranga branch....shes british hairdresser and really good....and with me being hairdresser i'm really fussy and critical....

they have good training courses to keep them up to date....

having said that people assume if they pay alot of money for haircut and colour it must be really good.....

you can go to a back street salon and get a haircut for $10 and you can get a great cut.....

your haircut is only as good as the person thats cutting it...gl
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by littleal
This may or may not work - if you know anyone or see anyone whose haircut looks good to you, ask them where they had it done. They'll be flattered you asked.

(It worked for me with my last regular hairdresser, but my current hairdresser I found totally by happy accident and we've been together for over 10 happy years...)

Yeah thanks that's a good idea. I've seen some women with really nice haircuts/colours and wondered where they got them done. I'll definately be more bold and ask where they had it done.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by garryhg
hi jacky g here.....i'm a hairdresser myself....don't know if you have a chain of shnipps hairdressers near you....but i go to lee who works in pakaranga branch....shes british hairdresser and really good....and with me being hairdresser i'm really fussy and critical....

they have good training courses to keep them up to date....

having said that people assume if they pay alot of money for haircut and colour it must be really good.....

you can go to a back street salon and get a haircut for $10 and you can get a great cut.....

your haircut is only as good as the person thats cutting it...gl
You're so right. Back in the UK I used to pay a lot for a cut and colour. One day I took my mum (who's 70) in to get her hair done in a little no frills back street hairdressers and thought I may as well have a cut. It was sooo cheap and they did a better job.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dubstar
Alana, who works in Rodney Wayne in Riccarton is excellent
Thanks, I will, nothing to lose.