Wikiposts

Help the aged

Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help the aged

My very best friend wants to move to NZ, apparently he can't because of his age (55) does anybody have any advice to help him. (It's isn't me, we are moving to Goa, I would just like to help him.)
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help the aged

I would guess that it's not possible unless he was married/partnered to a Kiwi and they lived together for a year
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TONY P
My very best friend wants to move to NZ, apparently he can't because of his age (55) does anybody have any advice to help him. (It's isn't me, we are moving to Goa, I would just like to help him.)
as usual,I'm not an expert,but unless he's got children resident in the country,or he has a skill that gives him tonnes of points,I can't see a solution.
If you wait though,someone more intelligent might have one. He could contact NZ's immigration service to get some proper advice though. Good luck in Goa though,bro.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:23 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - i am no expert either, having said that, i was reading an article about over 55s getting around the problems of emigration in the Emigrate New Zealand newspaper (PM me if you would like me to scan/email or post you the article)

1. Family sponsorhip/Family category - If you have a spouse, child, sibling or parent in NZ - then high chance your application will be successful.

2. Over 55s with no immediate family should consider applying as an Entrepreneur. You must invet in a business which NZIS judges to be beneficial to the country. Present business plans, and required to run business for at least 2 years before eligible to apply for citizenship.

3. New Investor category - Requires NZ$2million investment over 5 years.

4. Long Term Business Visa - purchase and run a successful franchise in the UK before relocating to NZ.

5. Apparently everyoine is eligible for a visitors visa - maximum stay of 9 months in an 18month period.

HTH! Kate.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

See? I knew someone would help! What a fantastic site! I wonder what else you can find out here?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:45 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Have looked on NZIS site - & vistors can stay for 6 months.

See details below copied from site:

United Kingdom and Australia
British citizens and other British passport holders who produce evidence of the right to reside permanently in the UK can visit for up to six months without a visa.

Australian citizens and people who hold a current Australian Permanent Residence Visa or a current Australian Resident Return Visa do not need a New Zealand Visa to enter New Zealand.

Last edited by andy&georgina; Dec 30th 2006 at 6:43 am.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:25 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

just quoting what was in the newspaper report - so it could be wrong!

Give NZIS a call on the number found towards the end of the useful thread. Its an 0134 number (rather than the £1 a minute one)
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for the help, I will pass it on.
Happy New year
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:21 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for the help, I will pass it on.
Happy New year
What about owning property in a country? I know with some countries, like the states, property means something doesn't it? Its a real long shot, and I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but I seem to remember seeing something about that before?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littletoe
What about owning property in a country? I know with some countries, like the states, property means something doesn't it? Its a real long shot, and I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but I seem to remember seeing something about that before?
All advice is good, thanks a lot.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:19 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Might be worth looking at the work to residence policy if they still do it. Come over, secure a job on a work visa, after two years apply for PR.

They might have stopped this now though.

They still do it, and at 55 you are likely to be declined after 2 years, but there is a lot of grey, it's not a clear cut "NO WAY". Speak to immigration.

Last edited by Dirk1971; Jan 3rd 2007 at 10:27 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

We tried and tried to get a job to get to OZ but their visa options make it very difficult after 45yrs old. So we were advised to try NZ. my hubby is 53 and we were ok. submitted EOI and got ITA in Nov. We were told we could apply till hubby was 56. If your friend has a skill/trade/ the correct points he'll be able to apply.