Help!!!!!

Old Aug 28th 2006, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

julcha35 will become famous soon enoughjulcha35 will become famous soon enough
Default Help!!!!!

Visited NZ sept 2004 self,husband and then 4yr old daughter. Bombed about in a camper van had a great time, people very friendly, sometimes scarily overly friendly like thay don't have many visitors, but better than being not noticed, like neighbours in the UK?

Anyway getting to the point decided back then to emigrate husband offered a job in Whangerei, relocation package etc, but decided for whatever reason, family in UK etc not to go ahead at that stage. Despite getting back to life in the UK the should we emigrate to NZ bug hasn't gone away.

Husband has had telephone interview for a job at a private hospital in Auckland and is also in discussion with the capital coast dhb in Wellington, I've expressed interest in casual/agency midwifery for same dhb, just waiting to hear back now.

Have been in discussion with one recuitment agency, but wonder wether it is better to do everything self?? Still have lot's to do ie EOI and visa application also professional registration(looks an absolute nightmare) any thoughts from anyone, I know that if it's worth it will do it despite obstacles.

Do you need a job offer to apply for visa we individually have 140 EOI without job offer, also do you have to be professionally registered before you can apply for your visa if selected. 215 points with job offer

Any tips etc on anything that may be of use
1 midwifery in New Zealand
2 obtaining professional registration
3 visa application
4 optimal salary for decent life

are there any midwives in NZ in Wellington or anywhere that currently just do casual/agency midwifery and if so how much work are they being offered?

What are they getting paid and are the hours child friendly?

Sorry to bore you all but I need to know EVERYTHING!!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:22 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!!!!

Originally Posted by julcha35
Visited NZ sept 2004 self,husband and then 4yr old daughter. Bombed about in a camper van had a great time, people very friendly, sometimes scarily overly friendly like thay don't have many visitors, but better than being not noticed, like neighbours in the UK?

Anyway getting to the point decided back then to emigrate husband offered a job in Whangerei, relocation package etc, but decided for whatever reason, family in UK etc not to go ahead at that stage. Despite getting back to life in the UK the should we emigrate to NZ bug hasn't gone away.

Husband has had telephone interview for a job at a private hospital in Auckland and is also in discussion with the capital coast dhb in Wellington, I've expressed interest in casual/agency midwifery for same dhb, just waiting to hear back now.

Have been in discussion with one recuitment agency, but wonder wether it is better to do everything self?? Still have lot's to do ie EOI and visa application also professional registration(looks an absolute nightmare) any thoughts from anyone, I know that if it's worth it will do it despite obstacles.

Do you need a job offer to apply for visa we individually have 140 EOI without job offer, also do you have to be professionally registered before you can apply for your visa if selected. 215 points with job offer

3 visa application

are there any midwives in NZ in Wellington or anywhere that currently just do casual/agency midwifery and if so how much work are they being offered?

I would suggest you get started on professional registration as soon as possible because it took an absolute age to come through. I found that in itself more stressful than the EOI, so if you can do that one yourself, you can probable manage without an agent for the whole emigration thing.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

get registered with the nz nursing board in welly now, no god applying before. there is a lot aof paperwork to be done, send off for your police checks now so they are waiting for you when you send off the rest of the paperwork. you can apply for registration on line. i had to phone them once and they were very helpful. it took 3 months to get registered but a t the time they were changing all paperwork etc.
eoi + everything do yourself, you dont need an agent, too expensive, you could start filling it out now whilst waiting for your registration to come through.

good luck
wendy
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

When we went to NZ we arranged our NZ Reg then applied for PR when we had a job offer (needed for the PR). As it happened arrived in Wellington where I had the job but didn't like the city. Upped sticks and left before starting the job (felt bad) but found a job in Hawkes Bay after a simple phonecall and casual interview.

If you are sponsored through an agency you could not do the above and would have to stick it out. Jobs are easy to get (as a staff nurse level, promotion is a whole different ball game). I would definetely arrange my own jobs/visa.

Could your hubby get the job back in Whangarei - my second choice in NZ after Queenstown.

We earnt about $1500 a fortnight max. on top staff nurse grade. Myself $25 an hour, the wife on $22 (on $80 an hour back in UK). Look on the NZNO website for salaries. 3 weeks leave and BHs if you worked them.
Roger
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Roger
When we went to NZ we arranged our NZ Reg then applied for PR when we had a job offer (needed for the PR). As it happened arrived in Wellington where I had the job but didn't like the city. Upped sticks and left before starting the job (felt bad) but found a job in Hawkes Bay after a simple phonecall and casual interview.

If you are sponsored through an agency you could not do the above and would have to stick it out. Jobs are easy to get (as a staff nurse level, promotion is a whole different ball game). I would definetely arrange my own jobs/visa.

Could your hubby get the job back in Whangarei - my second choice in NZ after Queenstown.

We earnt about $1500 a fortnight max. on top staff nurse grade. Myself $25 an hour, the wife on $22 (on $80 an hour back in UK). Look on the NZNO website for salaries. 3 weeks leave and BHs if you worked them.
Roger
Why Whangerei and not Wellington? And how do you like Hawkes Bay as my husband is waiting to speak to them following a job closing date. Whereever we go I need to be able to work casually or as child friendly as possible!

Last edited by julcha35; Aug 29th 2006 at 7:10 am.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Help!!!!!

Originally Posted by brackley
get registered with the nz nursing board in welly now, no god applying before. there is a lot aof paperwork to be done, send off for your police checks now so they are waiting for you when you send off the rest of the paperwork. you can apply for registration on line. i had to phone them once and they were very helpful. it took 3 months to get registered but a t the time they were changing all paperwork etc.
eoi + everything do yourself, you dont need an agent, too expensive, you could start filling it out now whilst waiting for your registration to come through.

good luck
wendy
Thanks Wendy for the advice, have you registered as a nurse or as a midwife, I originally applied for registration when we originally intended on going out but has now expired, since then the forms have changed and is now done through the midwifery council and they want the ins and outs of a ducks backside, differing treaties, portfolios's and prescribing etc. Will just have to grit my teeth and get on with it.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

only as an RN,
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Roger

Roger
What was wrong with Wellington that made you "up sticks"
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julcha35

3 visa application

You will be OK with your 140 points but bear in mind that if you receive a job offer as a nurse it isn't worth anything without your professional registration (or so I have been informed today!)
Donna