British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-everyone-642427/)

PennyJ Nov 27th 2009 5:20 pm

Hello Everyone

Hi there,

I'm moving to Palmie in Jan as a student, received my Visa today. :) I'm not planning to return to the UK as I hope to find work after I've got my qualification.

I've been to NZ before for 3 months so I have some idea of what to expect but am anxious as I'm doing all this on my own.

Good to read up on personnal experiences and real people.

Bye

MnB Nov 27th 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Hello Everyone

Hi & welcome!!
Good luck with your studies and happy landings on your return to NZ!!:thumbsup:
B x

harrogate girl Nov 28th 2009 2:48 am

Originally Posted by PennyJ (Post 8129439)
Hi there,

I'm moving to Palmie in Jan as a student, received my Visa today. :) I'm not planning to return to the UK as I hope to find work after I've got my qualification.

I've been to NZ before for 3 months so I have some idea of what to expect but am anxious as I'm doing all this on my own.

Bye

Good LUCK:thumbup: how brave of you!! I have just returned back from the UK been over for some time due to been ill:o:I was unable to get back to NZ at the time I planed.
I was just going mad wanted to be back Home to NZ so bad:banghead:.
IT is good that you are using this site it will give you so much help:thumbsup: and some one, may be able to advise you on a Newcomers Network in the location.

Dewb09 Nov 28th 2009 7:54 am

Hi there,

Bye

HI Penny & a big welcome :thumbsup: at least you have a fair idea of what to expect. Good luck :fingerscrossed: with your studies and your new life in NZ

Dewb

PennyJ Nov 28th 2009 8:19 am

Many thanks for your replies and good wishes.

I don't actually have anywhere to live in Palmie yet, I'm not panicing something will turn up.

My career has been in IT so far (am changing to Horticulture) I'm hoping I'll pick up a wee IT related job to see me thru my studies and help me get used to working life in NZ.

Bye for now

willand tina_h Nov 30th 2009 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by PennyJ (Post 8130574)
Many thanks for your replies and good wishes.

I don't actually have anywhere to live in Palmie yet, I'm not panicing something will turn up.

My career has been in IT so far (am changing to Horticulture) I'm hoping I'll pick up a wee IT related job to see me thru my studies and help me get used to working life in NZ.

Bye for now

Penny welcome to be, you are very brave, well done. Good luck with everything.

Tina. x

ragdolls2 Nov 30th 2009 6:10 pm

Hi there,

Bye

Hi Penny - welcome to BE- I've got a job in Palmy just waiting for PR visas but OH refered to MA (long story!!!) I will probably going on my own initially as have yet to sell house and OH has to work 3mths notice!!. Keep us posted on how you get on Good Luck:D

PennyJ Nov 30th 2009 6:43 pm

Thanks Ragdolls2 and Tina,

Sounds like you both have big adventures yourselves coming up.

I had less hoops to jump thru to get a temp visa.

All the best to you.

Penny

Kija Dec 5th 2009 9:22 am

Just wanted to wish you all the best on your adventure Penny :thumbsup: