British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hello From Blenheim (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hello-blenheim-650713/)

emmsy Jan 22nd 2010 2:31 pm

Hello From Blenheim

Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of my lovely momma who moved to NZ a few months ago, she's having a hard time getting to meet people and I thought this may be just the thing she needs.

She's working as a nurse, is 52 (but you wouldn't know it) and a lovely bubbly lady who loves relaxing with a nice coffee or glass of wine or 10!!

I've been lucky enough to meet ex-pats from all over the world (i'm ex-navy) and know how welcoming they all are.

If you know of any good haunts or ways to meet people in Blenheim please do drop me a line, i'll be checking back all the time to see what's occurring :-D

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to hear from you soon.

Emms & Shelagh (momma)

BEVS Jan 22nd 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Hello From Blenheim

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

At 52, she is just a spring chicken. :p

emmsy Jan 23rd 2010 5:17 pm

Thanks Bev x :thumbup:

Dewb09 Jan 24th 2010 7:46 am

Sorry not in NZ yet but wanted to say Hi to Shelagh welcome :thumbsup:
And Hi to you too Emma what a lovely thing to do for your Mum

Dewb

emmsy Jan 24th 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks Dewb :thumbup: that's really nice x

MnB Jan 24th 2010 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by emmsy (Post 8272724)
Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of my lovely momma who moved to NZ a few months ago, she's having a hard time getting to meet people and I thought this may be just the thing she needs.

She's working as a nurse, is 52 (but you wouldn't know it) and a lovely bubbly lady who loves relaxing with a nice coffee or glass of wine or 10!!

I've been lucky enough to meet ex-pats from all over the world (i'm ex-navy) and know how welcoming they all are.

If you know of any good haunts or ways to meet people in Blenheim please do drop me a line, i'll be checking back all the time to see what's occurring :-D

Emms & Shelagh (momma)

Hi Emma & Shelagh
We arrive in NZ 1st Feb (Wellington) and will be visiting South Island from about 5th -15th, not 100% sure that we will get to Blenheim but if we do would love to meet up & share a bottle of vino:thumbsup:.......we are both in our 50's (spring chickens ;)) I'm also a nurse but not intending to practice in NZ....drop us a PM.
B x

Frenchy Jan 31st 2010 6:45 am

Originally Posted by emmsy (Post 8272724)
Hi all,

Emms & Shelagh (momma)

I have been trying to catch Shelagh on the wards for the last few weeks.... Tell her Dawn is trying to catch up with her. Definite vino or 10 I have currently got lots of celebrating to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

emmsy Jan 31st 2010 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Frenchy (Post 8297587)
I have been trying to catch Shelagh on the wards for the last few weeks.... Tell her Dawn is trying to catch up with her. Definite vino or 10 I have currently got lots of celebrating to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

:thumbup: Thanks Dawn, I'll tell her today :p
Take care,
Emma

Frenchy Feb 2nd 2010 12:53 am

She didnt seem to be about yesterday... Was going to ask her if she fanciedgoing to the wine festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will pm you my mobile number for her xx