Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HELLO FROM BLACKPOOL

HELLO FROM BLACKPOOL

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Blackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant future
Default HELLO FROM BLACKPOOL

HI EVERYONE, HELP:
MY NAME IS KAREN FROM WINDY BLACKPOOL,I MADE A COMMENT TO MY HUSBAND DAVID THAT I WANTED TO PACK UP OUR LIVES IN THE UK AND MOVE TO NZ. THAT WAS ONLY A MONTH AGO,WE HAVE DONE NOTHING SINCE BUT LOOK ON WEB SITES AND WISH WE NEW THE BEST WAY TO DO IT? WE HAVE A HUGE MORGAGE AND EVEN BIGGER UTILITY BILLS HERE AND WE ARE BOTH FED UP OF WORKING TO PAY THE BILLS.WE HAVE THREE GIRLS, THE ELDEST IS 18 IN HER OWN PLACE AND WOULD NOT BE COMING WITH US,IF WE EVER GET THERE.OUR 15 YEAR OLD IS DEAD AGAINST THE MOVE,BUT,THERES NOTHING ROUND HERE FOR HER.LUCKILY THE YOUNGEST IS UP FOR IT,SHE UNDERSTANDS OUR REASONS.ANYWAY I KNOW THIS IS LONG WINDED BUT ITS MY FIRST CHANCE TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT,AND WOULD LIKE THE CHANCE TO CHAT.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:44 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: HELLO FROM BLACKPOOL

Hello Karen. There's no need to shout even though we are twelve thousand miles away (hee hee...please turn off the Caps Lock on your keyboard. All that capitalisation is the internet equivalent of shouting).

Anyway, life isn't that much different here. It's a workaday world here as well and most struggle to keep up with the bills as well. However, the scenery is awful nice here and a lot of life's joys are free if you are into the outdoor life.

Welcome, and if you need any help with the immigration side of things, crank up that computer and post away on here. Someone will be bound to know the answer to any questions you may have.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:46 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum
As happynz said, still have to pay the bills and get up for work in the mornings
BUT: there is such a sense of satisfaction about being here and having made the choice to move
Happy posting,
Karen
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to the site!! As you can see everyone is so friendly and very willing to help with any questions you may have
We are near Skipton and wish we were moving to NZ tomorrow but as we keep telling ourselves "Everything comes to those who wait!" but I'm sick of waiting :curse::curse:

Originally Posted by Blackpool Lass
HI EVERYONE, HELP:
MY NAME IS KAREN FROM WINDY BLACKPOOL,I MADE A COMMENT TO MY HUSBAND DAVID THAT I WANTED TO PACK UP OUR LIVES IN THE UK AND MOVE TO NZ. THAT WAS ONLY A MONTH AGO,WE HAVE DONE NOTHING SINCE BUT LOOK ON WEB SITES AND WISH WE NEW THE BEST WAY TO DO IT? WE HAVE A HUGE MORGAGE AND EVEN BIGGER UTILITY BILLS HERE AND WE ARE BOTH FED UP OF WORKING TO PAY THE BILLS.WE HAVE THREE GIRLS, THE ELDEST IS 18 IN HER OWN PLACE AND WOULD NOT BE COMING WITH US,IF WE EVER GET THERE.OUR 15 YEAR OLD IS DEAD AGAINST THE MOVE,BUT,THERES NOTHING ROUND HERE FOR HER.LUCKILY THE YOUNGEST IS UP FOR IT,SHE UNDERSTANDS OUR REASONS.ANYWAY I KNOW THIS IS LONG WINDED BUT ITS MY FIRST CHANCE TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT,AND WOULD LIKE THE CHANCE TO CHAT.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Blackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant futureBlackpool Lass has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Animal Crackers
Hi and welcome to the site!! As you can see everyone is so friendly and very willing to help with any questions you may have
We are near Skipton and wish we were moving to NZ tomorrow but as we keep telling ourselves "Everything comes to those who wait!" but I'm sick of waiting :curse::curse:
Sorry folks being a computer virgin I did'nt realise I was shouting.Sorry,
Hope you're move goes smoothly,obviously you will be toooo busy to chat at the moment,but hope to hear all about how it all went once you arrive.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:25 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Hope you get through the process with not too much hassle, it can seem very daunting at first. By the way, I love Blackpool..

Sue
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

It's a long time till we go, I complete my nurse training in September and my OH completes his IT degree next year, then there will be stopping us!! So I can chat away PM me if you want a good chat!!

Originally Posted by Blackpool Lass
Sorry folks being a computer virgin I did'nt realise I was shouting.Sorry,
Hope you're move goes smoothly,obviously you will be toooo busy to chat at the moment,but hope to hear all about how it all went once you arrive.