Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello all greetings from Devon UK

Hello all greetings from Devon UK

Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

davidandgilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello all greetings from Devon UK

Hello all just found the forum and would be interested in hearing from anyone who has just moved to NZ.
We are hoping to move to Whangarei shortly and get a job as a boat builder been doing it most of my working life and have been offered a job which will enable us to apply for residency.
My wifes parents moved out over 30 years ago and my wife lived there for 3 years but returned to UK.
Does anyone else live in the area and have advice on suburbs they all look good in the agents details but sure some are better suited to expats than others.
Coming out in Nov on a visitors visa to have another look round and follow up on some other job offers and properties.
Grateful for any advice on settling in and expat contact groups
Send us an e-mail if you have anything for us
all gratefully recieved
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hello all greetings from Devon UK

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

Happy postings.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Wellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to all
Default Re: Hello all greetings from Devon UK

Hiya,

I know a Dave and Gilly in Devon. Not a boat builder though, but I wonder if you're in Dartmouth?

I didn't get on with Whangerei when I visited, but that might have just been the bad weather and the lack of pubs. I gather it's changed recently. (though probably not the weather, that's got a few years left)

good luck, the forum here's got a load of good info.