Hello all

Old May 19th 2012, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Copperbollock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello all

Evening everybody, me the missus and the two young'uns are looking at jumping ship to NZ for the last couple of years.
I'm 28 the wife's 30 and the two kids are under 5.
I have a couple of NVQ's and a public servant so no points for me there, the wife has a BA Hons in Education and early childhood (level 7 I believe) and and Nation Diploma in Early Childhood studies (level3 I think) with 10+ experience and will be undertaking her Early Years professional status in September.
We come out on the points indicator at 135.
We're going to apply for the EOI, we haven't got an offer of employment.

We can't find out if it makes any difference but my mother has dual nationality (Born in NZ and came to the UK in 72) my Grandfather was in the NZ army for about 27 years.

We're not fussed where we live rural or city, the wife obviously want's to work with kids (pre-school etc) as for me I'll do anything.

What would you think our chances would be?
Any advice is much appreciated, regards.
Martyn and family.
Old May 19th 2012, 8:59 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all

Welcome

sorry can't help much but think you should look over on the "Immigration" section as post in here are not kept for long.

I would also look at the last couple of points draws to see the likely hood of being drawn. here's the last one.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758424

From what I have been reading I do believe it is quite hard to get jobs in education but sure someone with that experience would be able to tell you more.
Old May 19th 2012, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Copperbollock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Welcome

sorry can't help much but think you should look over on the "Immigration" section as post in here are not kept for long.

I would also look at the last couple of points draws to see the likely hood of being drawn. here's the last one.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758424

From what I have been reading I do believe it is quite hard to get jobs in education but sure someone with that experience would be able to tell you more.
Thank you, I'll repost it over there and see how we do. I did read through the list and there's two possible one's that would cover the wife's qualifications and skills.
Old May 20th 2012, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

In your position I'd be tempted to research Citizenship by Descent, if your Mum was born in NZ & one of her parents was an NZer (not by descent) then it seems likely that you could claim citizenship. Which would eliminate the need for the EOI & job offers etc. Worth googling it anyway, to see if your circumstances fit the requirements.
We have a friend who discovered, by chance, a couple of years ago that his mother had been born in NZ to a NZ mother, and, even though his grandparents & his mother moved to the UK when she was still a baby both he & his brother were eligible for NZ citizenship. While we went through the whole skilled migrant application process our friend just filled out a few forms, paid over a fair few pounds.........& acquired a nice, shiny, new passport! Then he visited us in NZ, decided it wasn't for him & returned rapidly to London!
Worth a little bit of googling I'd suggest.
Old May 21st 2012, 12:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome.

I'll post to your Immy thread with a link that might help a little.