Hello

Old Apr 29th 2014, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello

Hello Poms

Just thought I should write an introductory post to say hi to the NZ forum

I'm currently working for a very large worldwide financial organisation on a 5 year project that will see me work in both Sydney and Christchurch. At the moment, I'm spending 3 days in the Sydney office and 2 days in the Christchurch office. This could change in the future as I'm here for a minimum of 5 years (unless a huge financial collapse happens). I wonder, is there anyone else that works in both countries like I'm doing. If there are, is it quite difficult to continually do? I don't think there's any chance that I can permanently base myself in one until after the 5 years.

I haven't got a new job, I was asked back in January if I wanted to take the lead role in this project. The wife and all the family were so supportive that I decided to take the role. I landed in Sydney in March, and then came over here early this month to introduce myself to the team in Christchurch. It's very interesting seeing how offices in Sydney and Christchurch both work compared to the Canary Wharf office I worked at.

I spent 10 years living in St Albans, after growing up in the city of Sheffield. I had 10 years commuting from St Albans to Canary Wharf so plane travel is a form of transport I didn't expect to ever do. If there are any Sheffielders, people from St Albans, IT experts or Blades (and perhaps Owls fans if I'm in a good mood), around Christchurch a special hello to you and I'm always up for a beer if you fancy one

Currently my family are back in Sheffield spending time with both sets of parents before they move over in June. I haven't made my mind up where i'll be making permanent base. It's either base in Sydney or base in Christchurch, a very tough decision. There's some lovely parts of Christchurch that I've seen so far, within budget as there is Sydney. What I'm doing is spending alternate weekends in each city to get a better idea of the place. I do like the beaches here and love the Caddyshack crazy golf. I just wish the weather was a bit better today

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and look forward to discussing New Zealand and Christchurch with you all

All the best
Old Apr 29th 2014, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

I'll not mention The Tigers on here.