Hello

Old Jun 5th 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Default Hello

Hello.

where 2 begin. Since i was 16 i knew i wanted to leave the UK and live somewhere else. Australia was my first choice as i had just been on a 4 week holiday. when i was 25 i visited NZ and i fell in Love, so much like the UK but sooo many less people and so much more beautiful scenery.

I am now 27 and have a partner of 6 years who has known since we got together my plans to move far far away. sometimes i wonder if he is doing it for himself or me.

I have been in touch with an agency and i have been assessed we have enough points to apply. so this is where we are. I am thinking that Nov 2011 is the date. I have also decided well 90% at least to let the agency do all our paperwork and get us jobs and help with shipping.
so what does that leave us to do. except think about leaving my friends and family behind, and this routine that i have been in for 6 years. change is scary but something i know i want to do.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 10:45 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi & welcome to the site

You will find lots of info and get some good advice on here. I think the first piece is do not use an agent if possible. You pay a lot of money for work you can do yourself. It is daunting but very doable and if you get stuck just post a question on here.

Good luck with all your planning

Dewb
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Hello

Hi -and welcome to BE - such a helpful and informative site for lovers of NZ.

Re using an Agent - I would say don't waste your money, you are going to give them all the evidence, you are going to do the hunting and searching and giving them the dates for this that and the other, so you have done the work, all they do is fill the application form in!!

My daughter - a nurse - did it herself. My son, did it himself and I did it myself.

First step, purchase a large box file and start saving your evidence - getting copies of birth certificates (full), showing your parents names on it. etc.,

I printed off the application form, the medical-frm and the police check form, and read all the questions and started getting everything together. It does take a bit of time but I and both my children were working fulltime in the UK and we did it, we just kept thinking of all the money we were going to save.

We also got quotes from Crown, PSS and Baxters (shipping removal companies who visit your house and estimate how much it will cost you to ship out what you want to take).

Make sure your BMI is under 35. Keep eye on your waist measurement and I would abstain from alcohol for a week before your medicals (liver test you know)!!!

Good luck with your adventure - I am hoping to arrive in NZ at the end of this year if I manage to sell the house.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Hi -and welcome to BE - such a helpful and informative site for lovers of NZ.

Re using an Agent - I would say don't waste your money, you are going to give them all the evidence, you are going to do the hunting and searching and giving them the dates for this that and the other, so you have done the work, all they do is fill the application form in!!

My daughter - a nurse - did it herself. My son, did it himself and I did it myself.

First step, purchase a large box file and start saving your evidence - getting copies of birth certificates (full), showing your parents names on it. etc.,

I printed off the application form, the medical-frm and the police check form, and read all the questions and started getting everything together. It does take a bit of time but I and both my children were working fulltime in the UK and we did it, we just kept thinking of all the money we were going to save.

We also got quotes from Crown, PSS and Baxters (shipping removal companies who visit your house and estimate how much it will cost you to ship out what you want to take).

Make sure your BMI is under 35. Keep eye on your waist measurement and I would abstain from alcohol for a week before your medicals (liver test you know)!!!

Good luck with your adventure - I am hoping to arrive in NZ at the end of this year if I manage to sell the house.

Thank you for your advise me and partner hae been talking and we have decided since we are not going till Nov 2011 the we have plenty of time to apply ourselves. thank you for the idea of collecting evidence early and filling it. I like it and will start this soon.

Good luck with ur move. :-)