hello

Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice
Default hello

hello thoughht i would just jump on this forum from the ozzie one can anyone tell me if h.g.v driver are in demand in new zealand
cheers
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello

Originally Posted by jen 71
hello thoughht i would just jump on this forum from the ozzie one can anyone tell me if h.g.v driver are in demand in new zealand
cheers
From what I can glean we are extraordinairily short of truckies!! Heard of one chap from the UK an ex financial advisor became a trucker and is now emigrating here with that career as his spring board. So truck on over, what?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

can you tell me how much experience hgv drivers need we have tried oz but they dont seem to want hgv drivers,and is the same practice as oz immigration set up as new zealand
cheers what is the weather like and what are the best areas to be honest i havent look much into new zealand but i will now
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:23 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

well its the shortest day next week and we've had the heating on for a handful of days up here in an unseasonably warm (so we're told) Rodney District (just N of N Shore, itself just N of Auckland).....
One good thing is that the hours of daylight (and sunshine) are far better than the UK - it got dark here at about 5pm today and it gets light about 730am even in mid-winter - no super long winter days though this far north.
as far as HGV goes - this has been discussed by others and I think it is on the long term skills shortage list (check out the NZ Immigration Service website) but that is unlikely to get you residence without a job offer from an accredited NZ employer who can't find another employee, then you should be able to do work to residence if you meet other criteria.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for info i will check out nz immigration website
cheers
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
pm me if you need any details. I will try to help as much as I can. My OH is also a truckie and we too wanted Oz originally but found NZ has just as much to offer.

Nici
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

cheers
Hi Jen,
emailed you...my hubby Phil is a class 1 driver and we are here in NZ if we can help get back to us.

Debbie
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
Hi Jen,
emailed you...my hubby Phil is a class 1 driver and we are here in NZ if we can help get back to us.

Debbie
Hiya Deb,

we are just in the process of filling in the application from the recruitment you told us about. Decided that going with them would be a good idea. We do have an offer but not one in writing so you never know, maybe we will be seeing ya sooner than what we first thought.
Northland,............. here we come!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by phil01
Hi Jen,

Debbie
hi debbie lovely to hear form you how long have u been in new zealand and was it hard to get things going we still looking and lookng so new zealand need truckies yer would love to know what we would need to do my hubbie drives allsort of hgv from refridgeration lorries draw bars ridgid and de mountables i guess your o.h will know lol at minute he driving delivering glass thats his present job,
look forward to hearing from you
have a great day
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

When we were in Queenstown we went quad biking. We had a brit take us around and he said they are desparate in Queenstown for drivers. All those tourists need to be driven to the rivers for rafting and other adventure trips. Also putting Queenstown as your destination to settle in will give you lots more points.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by nero
When we were in Queenstown we went quad biking. We had a brit take us around and he said they are desparate in Queenstown for drivers. All those tourists need to be driven to the rivers for rafting and other adventure trips. Also putting Queenstown as your destination to settle in will give you lots more points.
That Queenstown idea sounds great. However, I've heard that getting affordable digs can be a trial. Any ideas about that?