Hello

Old May 13th 2007, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

k-mundy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi all
My husband and I are interested in moving over to live in New Zealand and would like info about best place to live,we both love the sea and live in Jersey which is a small island at the moment so we would prefer somewhere near the sea.

Hope to hear from someone who can give us some tips

Karen and Ted
Old May 13th 2007, 1:41 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

Hello k-mundy and welcome to the boards.

You're in luck as nowhere is really very far from water, fresh or salt. New Zealand is surrounded by a spectacular coastline. You'd have your choice of the North or South Island. Or perhaps you are a bit more adventurous and you might consider Stewart Island in the Deep South or if you are really hardy you could check out the Chatham Islands which have their own time zone.

Here's the caveat. You would have to be more concerned with what your budget will allow as well as if you have the qualifications to convince New Zealand to give you Permanent residency (that is if you are wanting to make the place your home).

So yeah (this is how Kiwis signal that they've run out of things to say and would you be so kind to say something to continue the conversation), welcome and good luck with what you decide...uh, yeah.