Hello

Old May 10th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future
Default Hello

Hi there, my husband and I and our 2 young sons, are planning a move to NZ or OZ. It isn't going to be for at least 18 months before we apply, but I am just doing as much research as I can! Am I mad? I think so! but i am having fun!

I have already gleened loads of info just from reading, and asking a couple of questions!! Any info is greatly appreciated!!
Old May 11th 2007, 9:59 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Zigzag
Hi there, my husband and I and our 2 young sons, are planning a move to NZ or OZ. It isn't going to be for at least 18 months before we apply, but I am just doing as much research as I can! Am I mad? I think so! but i am having fun!

I have already gleened loads of info just from reading, and asking a couple of questions!! Any info is greatly appreciated!!
Don't rush into a decision - take your time and do as much research as you can.
The 'returning to the UK' forum on here may make sobering reading: but it is an honest opinion from people who have tried the big move and found it wasn't for them. Well worth a read. it is important to take a balanced view of life outside the UK before you take the plunge. I'm not trying to put you off as we revel in our lives here, just trying to save you the heartache of return if you only read the 'rose tinted glasses' views
Old May 11th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karonious
Don't rush into a decision - take your time and do as much research as you can.
The 'returning to the UK' forum on here may make sobering reading: but it is an honest opinion from people who have tried the big move and found it wasn't for them. Well worth a read. it is important to take a balanced view of life outside the UK before you take the plunge. I'm not trying to put you off as we revel in our lives here, just trying to save you the heartache of return if you only read the 'rose tinted glasses' views
Thanks for that, was beginning to think nobody cared!!!

Also thanks for the advice, I will definitely read that, and see what everyone says. I'm not looking for paradise, just a better way of life! I've lived in a lot of different countries, and I just find UK lacking - in lifestyle, in cost of living, and also in weather!!! although i have to say a summer evening in England is a really good place to be!!

OH and congratulations on your 2000 !!!!
Old May 11th 2007, 1:21 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to our little virtual community.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:51 pm
mrs want2gonow

just sam will become famous soon enoughjust sam will become famous soon enough

hi welcome to the site, we too are hoping to move to new zealand . we want to put in our eoi by christmas. any ideas on what areas you would like to go to? sam
Old May 18th 2007, 10:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

G'Day from New Zealand on this wonderful, crystal clear, warm, autumnal morning.

Am I mad? I think so!
Nope. Not mad. Very wise I think to find out as much as you can about a place and what it has to offer.

We moved to New Zealand three years ago now but I still love the British Isles , especially Bournemouth and Dorset. I know just what you mean about those long summer evenings.

Any area of New Zealand is a good place to be IMHO. Of course my bias would be towards Nelson and Bays.
Old May 19th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Welcome to the Boards. No you're not mad, just sensible. We've not applied yet but have found loads of information on here by searching and asking. Great bunch on here.