Heating.....

Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Heating.....

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Had to light the fire for the first time tonight as well

Neil
Woosies ! You have your love to keep you warm.

I have the husband but the cats are better.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:22 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
We are really happy with the new Daiken heatpumps we have a large one in the main room and small in the bedroom they work great, Anybody know what they cost to run ?
Had to light the fire for the first time tonight aswell

Neil
Hi Neil cost to run Heatpump is around 64c per/ h for out put of around 5.5
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Those big baby suits from the Warehouse are very popular with teens. My 19yo son and his friends wear them when they go drinking at friends houses in winter. They light a fire or brazier outside, don their baby suits, drink and play twister!
Sounds like fun, I might give it a go.

Nah, couldn't bring myself to it, it would be like the teletubbies or a step too close to the Billy Connolly 'Big Slipper' as seen in The News of The World small ads.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice

As SLH said, Central heating is well worth it if you can justify the initial outlay. We also heat the whole house (toilet too!) Plus hot water backup in winter (solar in summer) Our costs for Diesal radiators are similar to SLH around $300 for June,July,August. We heat at 18c constant (it's cheaper than heating from scratch every time) then bump it up in the evening if needed. Well worth that outlay!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

I think we'll definately be going down the central heating route i hate being cold. How much does it cost? Maybe we'll just buy a small house, there are only 3 of us and a dog so we don't need loads of room
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice

$15,284 in a New build 3 years ago! Prices have come down slightly since then. Also it's a large 4 bedroom house, 2 living areas, kitchen, dinning, 3 bathrooms, laundry, office and large hallway, total of 15 Delonghi Radiators!!!!
Still think it's worth it though!!
We used Central Heating New Zealand.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

It might be warm but theres definatly no cheese board

Neil
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
As the 'cold' winter nights are coming (hopefully not too close) what do you fine people think is the best and most economical way to heat individual rooms.

We have a rented property with one heater in the living room / kitchen. Our bathroom has a heater light, so we just need to heat the main bedroom (please try and avoid the obvious jokes about heating bedrooms!!). The rest of the rooms do not require heating and can be closed off from the rest of the house.
from experience in some horrible cold houses, I would say the best way to go is to have double glazing and good insulation in your house!!

If its a rental then get a heat pump installed.

do not get a gas heater as it will make your house very damp and unhealthy.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Ah! but if you come back in winter, when the "Heating's" on, there may just be a cheeseboard!!!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:38 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
So what is your electric bill then out of interest?

I'm also interested to know what your $$ outlay was if you don;t mind spilling those toasty beans.
Initial outlay depends(I have a very handy OH) but about $15000. Our electric bill is $75 per month and we run a spa all year too. So as I said sod all. Large 3 bedroom house + living and dining + kitchen, laundry, toilet and bathroom.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Woosies ! You have your love to keep you warm.

I have the husband but the cats are better.
She,s too hot if i get too close i melt