Reload this Page >

Health Care IT support?

Health Care IT support?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

iain_moore is on a distinguished road
Default Health Care IT support?

Hi,

I currently work for the IT department in the local NHS care trust. I basically support all the local GP practices with IT problems and solutions. I was wondering if there was something similar in New Zealand?

Many thanks

Iain
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

steved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nice
Default Re: Health Care IT support?

Originally Posted by iain_moore
Hi,

I currently work for the IT department in the local NHS care trust. I basically support all the local GP practices with IT problems and solutions. I was wondering if there was something similar in New Zealand?

Many thanks

Iain
I'm also in IT but a totally different field. However, when I was seeking employment in NZ I found the link below very useful:

www.seek.co.nz

My field of expertise is relatively scarce in NZ but I still found success on the above.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:08 am
AKT
Forum Regular

AKT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iain_moore
Hi,

Many thanks

Iain
Hi there,

Not in IT, but in healthcare. The IT systems here are much better integrated than in the UK. Our local IT people are not what I would call 'good' as I seem to be able to solve more problems than them (a reflection on them, not me). so come on over.

A
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

iain_moore is on a distinguished road

Cool Many thanks for the replies. I am a Senior field engineer and basically I sort problems with "anything" IT - as the surgeries say - ifs its got a plug - phone IT.

Can anyone say what systems are used in NZ. I currently support EMIS, System1 and Inpractice systems medical systems. I also support everything and anything

Many thanks again

Iain
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of GP surgeries are linked to Primary Healthcare Organisations like ProCare in Auckland and this may also be a useful contact point for you. As for systems they do not use EMIS, System 1 or Inpractice systems. A good percentage of GPs in the Auckland area use MedTech32 which is a very old system which has been dragged into the 21st century. May be worth looking up this system - there is always a thought that it may dissapear at some stage as I believe the shares a worth only a few cents! If this did occur the NZ GPs would be in a very poor position!

Most of the MedTech systems are stand alone systems and are not linked to other systems. Although the majority of GPs do receive all of their discharge summaries and lab tests electronically.

Hope this helps a little bit
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:55 am
AKT
Forum Regular

AKT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nero
The majority of GP surgeries are linked to Primary Healthcare Organisations like ProCare in Auckland and this may also be a useful contact point for you. As for systems they do not use EMIS, System 1 or Inpractice systems. A good percentage of GPs in the Auckland area use MedTech32 which is a very old system which has been dragged into the 21st century. May be worth looking up this system - there is always a thought that it may dissapear at some stage as I believe the shares a worth only a few cents! If this did occur the NZ GPs would be in a very poor position!

Most of the MedTech systems are stand alone systems and are not linked to other systems. Although the majority of GPs do receive all of their discharge summaries and lab tests electronically.

Hope this helps a little bit
Our local DHB's (DHB=NHS Trust) Use Citrix with XP and explorer 5 (yes 5!), Concherto (which is in use in the UK) and Kodak PACS (but I think GE PACS is here too.

HTH

A