HD TV and Sky

Old May 24th 2006, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HD TV and Sky

Originally Posted by SarahB
Best advice I can give all you parents of toddlers before you leave UK is copy hours and hours of CBEEBIES onto disk/video..... we copied 4 video tapes of it and it has been a godsend! In the last couple of months we asked relatives at home to copy more for us and send it across which they have done..... he loves it...and watches it over and over.

My DS has suddenly gone Barney mad..... we only have the one episode to play but its driving me nuts as its on all the time. He cant talk very well yet and it comes out as Barbie..... we keep saying Barney to him but he shouts BARBIE at us..... lol.... trying to explain that Barbie is something entirely different.

I have a secret to tell anyway whilst I'm here..... I found out on monday that I'm pregnant.....how the hell did that happen!!!

SarahB
Congrats on your news Sarah - hope all goes smoothly for you - when are you due? - nice summer baby!
Old May 24th 2006, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Congrats on your news Sarah - hope all goes smoothly for you - when are you due? - nice summer baby!
.... I was just about to reply with.... no coz its due in January.... then I realised that is summer!!! DOH!! See I got pregnancy brain already! I'll be lovely and fat by the time the hot weather arrives.... how nice! I was very preggy in UK the day we had the hottest temperature ever... I remember next door had a party and I got so fed up with not being allowed to drink or do anything I sneaked onto their bouncy castle for a few minutes then drank a stubby before anybody noticed... that was the only beer I had in 9 months!

Last weekend I was drinking beer and galloping round on the beach.... maybe I better behave myself a bit more now.

I thought I'd sneak that little post in and see if anybody noticed it.

Thanks for all the congrats too!!
Old May 24th 2006, 11:02 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Best advice I can give all you parents of toddlers before you leave UK is copy hours and hours of CBEEBIES onto disk/video..... we copied 4 video tapes of it and it has been a godsend! In the last couple of months we asked relatives at home to copy more for us and send it across which they have done..... he loves it...and watches it over and over.

My DS has suddenly gone Barney mad..... we only have the one episode to play but its driving me nuts as its on all the time. He cant talk very well yet and it comes out as Barbie..... we keep saying Barney to him but he shouts BARBIE at us..... lol.... trying to explain that Barbie is something entirely different.

I have a secret to tell anyway whilst I'm here..... I found out on monday that I'm pregnant.....how the hell did that happen!!!

SarahB
Hey Fabulous news Sarah ... I'd be throwing myself into the river if I found I was pregnant now but then I have teenages sons :scared:
Old May 24th 2006, 11:17 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Lol..... tell me about it!! My 2 year old watches the same episode of whatever his favourite DVD is over and over again. Hes poorly at the moment so we are inside a lot. His favourite this week is Barney and SuperTed.... drives me nuts watching the same thing time and time again!!!

Just wondering why is the same episode of Blues Clues on every day all week?

We dont have sky.... didnt think it was very good value for money and we dont watch much sports so didnt see the point.
Our daughters been down with a flu like virus for the past 4 days and is going through her DVD collection. We found some great DVD in europe with Barbie etc - you appreciate the UK childrens program channels alot more once your out here.

Sky TV is definitely not worth it - if your in too sport get out and participate dont sit in front of the box. World cup should be enjoyed in the company of others. Find a friend who has Sky and bring the beer

Kiwi
Old May 24th 2006, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
What's HD?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDTV

Hope that explains it.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:44 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Sarah! Many congrats.

I have sky and re the world cup - bring a beer - the doors open!
Old May 25th 2006, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

rita narbett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Congratulations Sarah, this one'll be a proper Kiwi!! Good luck.
Do you need a tv licence in NZ?
Old May 25th 2006, 10:08 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Nice one Sarah! Many congrats.

I have sky and re the world cup - bring a beer - the doors open!
Hey we'd love to come and share your telly and watch the footy, unfortunately you are abit too far north for me to get to.....enjoy
Old May 25th 2006, 10:18 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rita narbett
Do you need a tv licence in NZ?
no you don't.
Old May 25th 2006, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mumomonty
What's HD?
We only got Sky to improve thepicture of our telly which most people in our area of Hamilton/Cambridge do! It worked lovely picture. I quite like the Living Channel. Never had Sky before though.
HD = High Definition - a fantastic picture for TVs capable of producing it. Juat about to start broadcasting in the Uk. I would not hold your breath for NZ though...