British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Have you ever had one of these days.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/have-you-ever-had-one-these-days-519112/)

saritabear Mar 4th 2008 3:49 pm

Have you ever had one of these days....

Kids are playing up.:curse: OH coming back late from work.:curse: Just restarted diet and am craving choc already. :curse:Move seems years away (is really only 6-8 months). I've made the decision. I've done my research. I've sent off all my stuff and I want to go NOW.:mad:

(takes deep breath) Hommmmmm. (suitable yoga type relaxing sound).

No, its not working. Please can I have a few words of encouragement that it'll be worth it in the end and help me not to shout at the kids and shove OHs dinner somewhere suitable! ;)

sb

dave.and.lisa Mar 4th 2008 4:07 pm

Re: Have you ever had one of these days....

Sorry hun having the same day as you sounds like, with kids, OH being late and now the promising house sale, well not!!!! So sympathies but no encouragment because I too am royally cheesed off:(:(:( Well today I am;)Lisa x

catt Mar 4th 2008 4:09 pm

It will all be worth it in the end.........all good things that are worth waiting for are. I try to keep positive and to help me i go look at the pictures on the net about various areas in NZ and think not only will i be living in NZ in an area i want to be in but all the opportunities of visiting these wonderful places. Keep your chin up :thumbup:

pumpkinlou Mar 4th 2008 4:13 pm

Also think of all the lovely new Buddies you have made on here who are in the same boat. I keep picturing meeting up for a big picnic in a lovely Wellington Park. Sunny Day, all the kids playing together, perhaps the odd glass of wine....................

feeling bit better already :D

Lou
xx

saritabear Mar 4th 2008 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6016351)
Also think of all the lovely new Buddies you have made on here who are in the same boat. I keep picturing meeting up for a big picnic in a lovely Wellington Park. Sunny Day, all the kids playing together, perhaps the odd glass of wine....................

Lou
xx

Sounds v good to me....perhaps even two glasses of wine! Countdown to bedtime first though! 90 minutes and counting!

sb
x

spid Mar 4th 2008 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by saritabear (Post 6016421)
Sounds v good to me....perhaps even two glasses of wine! Countdown to bedtime first though! 90 minutes and counting!

sb
x

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6016351)

Lou
xx

COunt me in - soooo looking forward to meeting you all - chin up - time will fly by, kids grow and get crochety in different ways, hubby will return eventually, etc. Hugs:thumbup:

dave.and.lisa Mar 4th 2008 8:03 pm

Had a glass of NZ wine (Jacksons an excellent tipple:thumbsup:) OH home! kids all tucked in bed!! If I close my eyes hard really hard, I can imagine sitting on my decking after purchasing the said bottle of wine from the cellar door (which has in no way influenced the move to Blenhiem to be oh so close to said tipple!!!) Watching the sun go down and smiling to myself how could I have even thought it is not all worth it!!! So cheers heres to you saritabear and all those who have had a bad day!!!!!:thumbsup:

simonmarkellis Mar 4th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by saritabear (Post 6016235)
Kids are playing up.:curse: OH coming back late from work.:curse: Just restarted diet and am craving choc already. :curse:Move seems years away (is really only 6-8 months). I've made the decision. I've done my research. I've sent off all my stuff and I want to go NOW.:mad:

No, its not working. Please can I have a few words of encouragement that it'll be worth it in the end and help me not to shout at the kids and shove OHs dinner somewhere suitable! ;)

sb

The chocolate down here doesn't taste the same as up there! Does that help?

danny.f Mar 5th 2008 1:10 am

Originally Posted by saritabear (Post 6016235)

sb

Yep. Everything but the yoga bit.

bourbon-biscuit Mar 5th 2008 3:27 am

You'll be sat on the beach with a hokey pokey ice cream before you know it :thumbup:

The last year is really hard but you'll get through it- we all had to do it. I waited FIVE years from visiting and deciding we wanted to move over here :eek:

Just try really hard to live the life you have now and not fantasise too much about *everything* being better in NZ (most things are though) - husband's are still late home, kids still have those days, diets still suck and chocolate is still appealing (albeit a little less so for being not quite so delicious, imo).