British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/has-anyone-had-any-dealings-montfort-604431/)

LOHDYNA Apr 20th 2009 8:42 am

Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort

Hi, I have just joined this forum so appologise if i've posted it incorrectly.
We have recently attended an appointment with Montfort International who has given us some vague advice on moving our pensions and savings, stating that they can save us a lot of money, but apparently we have to buy their book for £900 to start of with then pay them fees.
Has anyone had any experience of this company and any advice please

shirl Apr 20th 2009 8:16 pm

Re: Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort

Originally Posted by LOHDYNA (Post 7495319)
We have recently attended an appointment with Montfort International who has given us some vague advice on moving our pensions and savings, stating that they can save us a lot of money, but apparently we have to buy their book for £900 to start of with then pay them fees.

Why do you need to buy their book. Sounds very dodgy to me. Beware! Not heard of them.

Yummy_Mummy Apr 20th 2009 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by shirl (Post 7497527)
Why do you need to buy their book. Sounds very dodgy to me. Beware! Not heard of them.

Agreed!!!

So what exactly are u getting for this £900... only a book??

I dont think thats very good value for money really, especially in todays economic situation.

I found this Thread, its a bit old, but gives some good info on them. Also it was in the Oz forum, so i guess they deal with both NZ and Oz.

I am sure you could find someone else who could offer you the same service for alot less. In fact some of the experts on here could probably give u better advice.

Good luck whatever your decision :thumbsup:

sparkie down under Apr 21st 2009 7:02 am

I've got some magic beans you can buy:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOHDYNA Apr 21st 2009 7:38 am

I get it.
Thanks for the comments and the thread it was really usefull, we had already thought it sound a bit pressurised.
We have found info from other places too and have decided to go with the magic beans. Cheers!:rofl:

Persephone Apr 21st 2009 9:17 am

Hi
As far as moving savings is concerned I used Halo Financial though any of the currency exchange companies should do similar. You set the rate and the amount you want to exchange. When the rate gets to your chosen one they exchange it, you pay them then and they send you the cash. It's very simple and the rate is better than that I could get from my bank.
You don't pay them anything until the money is changed.
Can't help you about pensions though. £900 for a book sounds like a bit of a rip off:rofl:
Sue:D

harrogate girl May 13th 2009 12:18 am

HI please DO Not pay any up front fee :frown::frown:or for any book at all as we have people that work in Nz and will only charge you if they say Yes IT IS WELL WORTH IT TO BRING YOUR PENSION OVER I used Sterling pensions in nz quite good he is from the uk and I found him good pm if you need any more info.. the LARGEST Nursing agents only recommend him and the police.
Lin

Rippedoffpom Jul 19th 2009 1:47 pm

MONTFORT INTERNATIONAL - A total waste of money. I got stung by them several years ago when they charged me a four figure sum for incorrect tax advice. I eventually got the correct information from the Inland Revenue for the cost of a local phonecall. I complained to the FSA who suggested that my only option was to return to UK from Australia to go to court. I am surprised that this company somehow has managed to stay in business.