Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort

Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort

Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:42 am
Just Joined

LOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura about
Question Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort

Hi, I have just joined this forum so appologise if i've posted it incorrectly.
We have recently attended an appointment with Montfort International who has given us some vague advice on moving our pensions and savings, stating that they can save us a lot of money, but apparently we have to buy their book for £900 to start of with then pay them fees.
Has anyone had any experience of this company and any advice please
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort

Originally Posted by LOHDYNA
We have recently attended an appointment with Montfort International who has given us some vague advice on moving our pensions and savings, stating that they can save us a lot of money, but apparently we have to buy their book for £900 to start of with then pay them fees.
Why do you need to buy their book. Sounds very dodgy to me. Beware! Not heard of them.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:52 pm
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shirl
Why do you need to buy their book. Sounds very dodgy to me. Beware! Not heard of them.
Agreed!!!

So what exactly are u getting for this £900... only a book??

I dont think thats very good value for money really, especially in todays economic situation.

I found this Thread, its a bit old, but gives some good info on them. Also it was in the Oz forum, so i guess they deal with both NZ and Oz.

I am sure you could find someone else who could offer you the same service for alot less. In fact some of the experts on here could probably give u better advice.

Good luck whatever your decision
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:02 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

I've got some magic beans you can buy
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:38 am
Just Joined

LOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura aboutLOHDYNA has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Re: Has anyone had any dealings with Montfort

I get it.
Thanks for the comments and the thread it was really usefull, we had already thought it sound a bit pressurised.
We have found info from other places too and have decided to go with the magic beans. Cheers!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
As far as moving savings is concerned I used Halo Financial though any of the currency exchange companies should do similar. You set the rate and the amount you want to exchange. When the rate gets to your chosen one they exchange it, you pay them then and they send you the cash. It's very simple and the rate is better than that I could get from my bank.
You don't pay them anything until the money is changed.
Can't help you about pensions though. £900 for a book sounds like a bit of a rip off
Sue
Old May 13th 2009, 12:18 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

HI please DO Not pay any up front fee or for any book at all as we have people that work in Nz and will only charge you if they say Yes IT IS WELL WORTH IT TO BRING YOUR PENSION OVER I used Sterling pensions in nz quite good he is from the uk and I found him good pm if you need any more info.. the LARGEST Nursing agents only recommend him and the police.
Lin

Last edited by harrogate girl; May 13th 2009 at 12:21 am. Reason: my bad spelling
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Rippedoffpom is an unknown quantity at this point

MONTFORT INTERNATIONAL - A total waste of money. I got stung by them several years ago when they charged me a four figure sum for incorrect tax advice. I eventually got the correct information from the Inland Revenue for the cost of a local phonecall. I complained to the FSA who suggested that my only option was to return to UK from Australia to go to court. I am surprised that this company somehow has managed to stay in business.