Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Happy St Patricks Day

Wikiposts

Happy St Patricks Day

Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy St Patricks Day

We were asked by our manager to wear something green to work today. Ironic thing is that nobody in our office is vaguely Irish - they come from Fiji, Phillipines, Sth Africa, UK, and various other non-European countries! We even have bowls of green sweets (lollies) on the reception desk.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:53 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Well i just went to an Irish Pub (Murphys, Cuba Mall) and yes, i was the only person NOT wearing Green.

Not sure why i expected it to be otherwise though. And just to truly finish the package I drunk a white wine from Marlborough.

Oh well, i was sitting with someone who was dressed as though they could have been found under a rainbow rubbing their pot o' gold so i guess it is ok.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:26 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Well i just went to an Irish Pub (Murphys, Cuba Mall) and yes, i was the only person NOT wearing Green.

Not sure why i expected it to be otherwise though. And just to truly finish the package I drunk a white wine from Marlborough.

Oh well, i was sitting with someone who was dressed as though they could have been found under a rainbow rubbing their pot o' gold so i guess it is ok.
Good on ya for having the wine. Did the guy in theh pub have red cheeks? No? How about a wee green hat?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:27 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Good on ya for having the wine. Did the guy in theh pub have red cheeks? No? How about a wee green hat?
yes to the cheeks and no to the hat. Actually, the hat would have been quite cool. Could have just nipped down to the $2 shop and purchased one!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Was there a parade in Auckland at all?

I never realised before that I could apply for an Irish passport if I wanted to.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:28 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here

I never realised before that I could apply for an Irish passport if I wanted to.
Sweet as.

In Chicago tomorrow (ie. was today ) they dye the Chicago River green. I think it improves it.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:50 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here

There was one on Saturday I believe Bevs. Yep - unless it's changed recently you can get a passport based on grandparents - isn't that how we get all the Irish footballers - with the English accents
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:22 am
Just Joined

steviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant futuresteviebhoy has a brilliant future

Hate to be a total pedant but for this year St Patrick's day was the 15th of March ie Saturday as you can't have a saint's day in Holy Week (week running up to easter). This is due to easter being so early this year.

anyway hope you all had a great time those of you who celebrated

Most of the pubs here in Glasgow just decided to have parties on both days! Well the green half of Glasgow did!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:48 am
Maz

Originally Posted by steviebhoy
Hate to be a total pedant but for this year St Patrick's day was the 15th of March ie Saturday as you can't have a saint's day in Holy Week (week running up to easter). This is due to easter being so early this year.

anyway hope you all had a great time those of you who celebrated

Most of the pubs here in Glasgow just decided to have parties on both days! Well the green half of Glasgow did!
Were they green before or after drinking? Or both?