Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Happiness in NZ for the wealthy only?

Happiness in NZ for the wealthy only?

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Happiness in NZ for the wealthy only?

Originally Posted by mazi
Did you bring them from England?
No. Why do you think that? I didn't bring anything from England.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jude J
No. Why do you think that? I didn't bring anything from England.
I'm sorry I was being pedantic. Have you read the 'things Kiwis say' thread?

Bring/Buy

Last edited by mazi; Nov 8th 2006 at 9:22 pm. Reason: forgot the grinning face at the end
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:24 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry I was being pedantic.
Again?

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Again?

pe.dan.tic adj.
too concerned with what are thought to be correct rules and details, e.g. in language

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

We bought an elec blanket, several of those fin heaters that cost the earth to run put pink batts all over the place and put under-floor heating in.

Still freezing.
Bloody hell where did you live? Just one electric heater to warm the lounge, now and then we had a heater on in babys room on low overnight, a gas heater in hallway we put on when she was in the bath, nothing else needed really.
But then I grew up in a huge old council house with no heating or double glazing in UK where it was much much colder than the winters here. Me and my sister would get up and pick the ice off the inside of our bedroom windows in the morning.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Genesis
Cheers mate..I always believe in telling it how it really is, aye? She's still with the toy boy..they got married..I know all this cos she's my sister's best mate :scared:

Your post earlier is very inspirational..good luck to you! Thank you for your kind words re family..If you are ever in Palmy come and see us for a meal aye!!??
I would love to, thanks
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:33 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell where did you live? Just one electric heater to warm the lounge, now and then we had a heater on in babys room on low overnight, a gas heater in hallway we put on when she was in the bath, nothing else needed really.
But then I grew up in a huge old council house with no heating or double glazing in UK where it was much much colder than the winters here. Me and my sister would get up and pick the ice off the inside of our bedroom windows in the morning.
Luxury! We used to live in a hole in t'middle o' t'road!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

My NZ address was:
Freezing House,
Freezing Street,
Hell, (bit of a misnomer when you consider the freezingness but still)
NZ

At least your council house was HUGE! The one I spent a few years in was tiny. But warm.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

I'm actually being slightly economical with the truth about my freezing house. It's a beautiful house and we made it very pretty all by ourselves. Then left.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm sorry I was being pedantic. Have you read the 'things Kiwis say' thread?

Bring/Buy

Opps, yes, you are right
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm actually being slightly economical with the truth about my freezing house. It's a beautiful house and we made it very pretty all by ourselves. Then left.
So did you go UK to NZ then NZ to Italy? What do you think of it there?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

So did you go UK to NZ then NZ to Italy? What do you think of it there?
Yes. I LOVE it. Anyone who says it's rubbish is wrong and/or a liar.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Yes. I LOVE it. Anyone who says it's rubbish is wrong and/or a liar.
Maybe I will make it to Italy then after all!!!

I hear they have some hot women there; dark, olive skinned.... well until they hit 30, then they get shorter, wider, and grow moustaches and wear black smock thingys all the time!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paladin

I hear they have some hot women there; dark, olive skinned.... well until they hit 30, then they get shorter, wider, and grow moustaches and wear black smock thingys all the time!

You HAVE been here!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

You HAVE been here!

Oh yes!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.