Hand made cards

Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

pinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura about
Red face Hand made cards

In my spare time i make hand made cards, is this a big thing in new zealand as over here, or is it a market i could tap into, and would it be worth me thinking about setting up work shops or a shop. someone let me know if i'm barking up the wrong tree or may have hit on some thing that could work over there.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hand made cards

Originally Posted by pinkninny
In my spare time i make hand made cards, is this a big thing in new zealand as over here, or is it a market i could tap into, and would it be worth me thinking about setting up work shops or a shop. someone let me know if i'm barking up the wrong tree or may have hit on some thing that could work over there.
I can't give you an answer about workshops etc. but I do scrapbooking so looked up scrapbooking/cardmaking shops in the NI and found quite a few, which indicates that its a popular hobby. I think you should wait till you get there before you make decisions about setting up a shop. Suss the competition and area you move to. good luck.
Helen
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Handicrafts are huge here in NZ. Just look how big the average "Spotlight" store is. Dressmaking is also very popular. I have seen several places selling hand made cards and some places in Rotorua even do classes on it.
Cheers
Gill
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Most scrapbooking shops hold Card making classes etc.

If you have a look on Trade me there are several people selling them privately. My daughter makes cards and she take them to shops/friends etc and has made some money selling them that way. Also there is a place called Craft World and some people display there cards there (at a charge).

So have a look at Trade me www.trademe.co.nz and just type in hand made cards etc and then do a google for craft world. Also some communities have craft markets so you could sell them there.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:15 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Handicrafts are huge here in NZ. Just look how big the average "Spotlight" store is. Dressmaking is also very popular. I have seen several places selling hand made cards and some places in Rotorua even do classes on it.
Cheers
Gill
I love 'Spotlight'; it's brill. Makes you want to attempt to make things you never ever would have thought of doing.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
I love 'Spotlight'; it's brill. Makes you want to attempt to make things you never ever would have thought of doing.
I agree ! We had a spotlight in Singapore and I would wander through it buying far too much craft stuff!

Is there a spotlight in most towns...perhaps I'll do a google on it
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:32 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helinuk
I agree ! We had a spotlight in Singapore and I would wander through it buying far too much craft stuff!

Is there a spotlight in most towns...perhaps I'll do a google on it
There's a few about.