Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Whooooopppppssssss

Sorry yeah I mean Sunday the 10th January I was obviously having a bit of a blonde moment after a 12 hour shift at work when I posted and sent out pm's.

I will need to check out the lake this week at some point to figure out where exactly the kids park is to be able to give an accurate description of where to meet or is someone else able to do this??????

Ha ha Shelley it is a lake not a river though we can meet by the Waikato river if you like though it isnt as pretty here as it is in Taupo.

Hamiltons lake is called 'lake Rotoroa' Just a slight twits on Rotorua.

Merry Christmas and I know you will have a happy new year as you all are getting to me me ha ha ha LOL
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

padozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Hi everyone.Sorry,havn't been on here for a bit,have been so busy dont know where the days go!
Is everyone all ready for christmas?

Sounds like we have a few people for the meet-up which is great.As for a place to meet at the lake.What about the picnic lawns in front of the cafe,that way if it's wet we can go in the cafe. It's also near the playground.
My little 18 month old will have on an Irish football top and he's a little blondie(That way we can you can all recognise us)

What time suits everyone,midday?

Look forward to meeting you all

Linda
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:38 am
Just Joined

allyinnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Have just asked him; he looked at me completely blank and then said "yeah" - so count him in too. He's actually quite a social boy and very into sport, music, xbox ...etc

so .... Sunday 10th at the lake, car park near the swings? what time?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

All sounds good to me I am also dragging along another couple from here that we met several months ago so yeah there seems to be several of us for the big meet up.

So we have 12 noon on Sunday the 10th January at Lake Rotoroa buy the cafe and childs play area.

We are all gonna look for a blonde haired lad with an Irish football top on!!!!

Sound good to me!!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Newfies
All sounds good to me I am also dragging along another couple from here that we met several months ago so yeah there seems to be several of us for the big meet up.

So we have 12 noon on Sunday the 10th January at Lake Rotoroa buy the cafe and childs play area.

We are all gonna look for a blonde haired lad with an Irish football top on!!!!

Sound good to me!!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all
Did someone say - ready for christmas?? is it christmas??? almost hadnt noticed.

So - i have been on the google maps thingy - fabulous thing - and i have found 'lake rotorua' (and you are right it isnt a river )

Is the cafe / play area, the bit where there is a circular style garden area just behing it? It looks like the most likely option as i think i can actually see the playground i did have a look for a small blond chap with a green footie shirt on - but i dont think hes there yet

Theres another big building to the other side of the lake which i think is the sailing club house and i cant see any play area at that side. (but it could be under a tree!)
(i know it has a sailing club cos i wikki d it!) i really should get a life xx

Till lunch time on the 10 th then - Merry Christmas xx
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by colandros
If ever a statement screemed "i've never been to hamilton" thats it
see you there
Just cos its nearly christmas doesnt mean you can be cheeky

See you there x
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allyinnz
Have just asked him; he looked at me completely blank and then said "yeah" - so count him in too. He's actually quite a social boy and very into sport, music, xbox ...etc

so .... Sunday 10th at the lake, car park near the swings? what time?
That sounds great - im sure it will help with No1 son. hes a sociable lad aswell - also into music, games n stuff - not really sporty though unless you count swimming and tae kwon do. He mixes really well with older kids so im sure they will get along just fine x

Tell him thanks for coming and i hope he wont be to bored x
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
So - i have been on the google maps thingy - fabulous thing - and i have found 'lake rotorua' (and you are right it isnt a river )

]
Excuse me butting in, did you Google the right place??? Lake Rotoroa hun, not Rotorua!!!!!
And have fun x
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Excuse me butting in, did you Google the right place??? Lake Rotoroa hun, not Rotorua!!!!!
And have fun x
Yes - i found it in Hamilton!! if i didnt know better i would think you were being cheeky aswell

Its a shame you cant be with us - maybe next time x

Have a good one Fi x
Old Dec 24th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Yes - i found it in Hamilton!! if i didnt know better i would think you were being cheeky aswell

Its a shame you cant be with us - maybe next time x

Have a good one Fi x
Back at ya hun xxxx
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:35 am
Just Joined

DaranAndKaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Back at ya hun xxxx
Hi Everyone.
Sorry for joining this thread a bit late. Only heard it was ongoing over christmas.

Does anyone mind if the wife and I join you at your meet up?
We are in Cambridge, so could trade notes with Pyschopandy.

Good Luck with the move, P. It really does get easier once all the goodbyes have been said!

See you soon.
Daran (and Karen)
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:09 am
Just Joined

allyinnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward to the meetup with one and all.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello guys

Welcome to the party Daran and Karen - good to have you on board x

I have had a thought 'doesnt happen often' how are we all gonna know who each other is? So my thought...

What if the lady of each family takes a flower - any flower, from anywhere - pick from garden, florist, you get the idea. and then carry it (not wear it) so if we see some random lady/family walking around carrying a flower we will know they belong with us. then, when we greet each other we can swap flowers.

It probably sounds a little lame but i like it!! Regardless, i think that is what i will do - so i will be the one walking around 'Lake Rotura' by the cafe n play park around 12pm on the 10th with my 6 foot husband 2 small boys carrying a flower that i will carry and give to the first lady i know belongs with us

Colandros - if you are coming along alone - look for the lady/s with the flower

I am looking forward to meeting you all - i hope the weather stays nice for us.

Did we manage to find out for sure if where i was thinking the cafe is, is the place around the lake with the circle hedge garden thing. I will hunt you all down anyway xxx

psycho xx
Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:41 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there everyone,

Haven't been around for a while but intend to get a life real soon

Been here 19 months now and difficult to describe the experience so far. In all the Hamilton region has treated us well.

Have kids now aged 3 and 2 so can relate when you say it's hard to meet people and have a social life of sorts. On top of that I spend a lot of time at the weekend working to finish my supervised practice and get Registered in my job. We have been lucky to make friends with a couple of other families from this site who we see every now and again for the odd BBQ. . . plus we have dear friends from the UK who live in Tauranga that help keep us sane, but wish I had more time to get together with everyone more often. Hopefully that will change towards the end of this New Year.

For me, I became very close to a lady at work with kids aged 4 and 5. For the first 15 months we spent everyday at work together, and what little time I had at the weekends together. I have just spent four months supporting her while she died of cancer. Was a totally unexpected diagnosis that left her only 4 months in the end. Needless to say I am still a little raw.

Whilst there are days when I question whether this could all have been avoided if I'd never moved here, in hindsight I would not change our decision... but I could do with a stint of less challenges. I would survive none of this if it weren't for my hubby who holds the home fort together though all these challenges.

When I have stopped feeling a little sorry for myself, and caught up with the requirements of my supervised practice for work, I have every intention of getting out and about again. Maybe on the 10th... I'll be the one with bags under my eyes looking everywhere for people holding flowers!

Also looking to move to Cambridge before the end of the year

If we don't make it on the 10th have a good day all. Hopefully there will be another meet up some time.

Last edited by Tan0410; Dec 28th 2009 at 3:55 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tan0410
Hello there everyone,

Haven't been around for a while but intend to get a life real soon

Been here 19 months now and difficult to describe the experience so far. In all the Hamilton region has treated us well.

Have kids now aged 3 and 2 so can relate when you say it's hard to meet people and have a social life of sorts. On top of that I spend a lot of time at the weekend working to finish my supervised practice and get Registered in my job. We have been lucky to make friends with a couple of other families from this site who we see every now and again for the odd BBQ. . . plus we have dear friends from the UK who live in Tauranga that help keep us sane, but wish I had more time to get together with everyone more often. Hopefully that will change towards the end of this New Year.

For me, I became very close to a lady at work with kids aged 4 and 5. For the first 15 months we spent everyday at work together, and what little time I had at the weekends together. I have just spent four months supporting her while she died of cancer. Was a totally unexpected diagnosis that left her only 4 months in the end. Needless to say I am still a little raw.

Whilst there are days when I question whether this could all have been avoided if I'd never moved here, in hindsight I would not change our decision... but I could do with a stint of less challenges. I would survive none of this if it weren't for my hubby who holds the home fort together though all these challenges.

When I have stopped feeling a little sorry for myself, and caught up with the requirements of my supervised practice for work, I have every intention of getting out and about again. Maybe on the 10th... I'll be the one with bags under my eyes looking everywhere for people holding flowers!

Also looking to move to Cambridge before the end of the year

If we don't make it on the 10th have a good day all. Hopefully there will be another meet up some time.
Oh Tan - so sorry for your loss (((hugs))) that must really hurt xx

If you dont feel ready for strangers by the 10th - no one will mind or think any less of you. There will always be other times. We would make you very welcome if you do manage it and the distraction may help x

I would bring an extra big flower for you if i thought it would help but i guess it wouldnt.

Take care honey

Psycho xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.