British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hamilton Meet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hamilton-meet-613546/)

antony-ryan Jun 8th 2009 5:23 am

Hamilton Meet?

Hi Guys. My girlfriend and I have been in Hamilton for almost a year now and (without wanting to sound sad or desperate :o) have found it quite hard to meet people outside of work. We don't have kids and are in our late twenties/early thirties. Perhaps we could arrange a meet up a meet up in a local pub/bar one night for a few drinks? Would anyone be interested? :fingerscrossed:

themoores Jun 11th 2009 8:40 am

Re: Hamilton Meet?

Hi

We are in Hamilton and have been here for about 18 months. We know exactly how it feels and have only just found it starting to get easier in the last month or so.

Be happy to meet up. We do have kids tho and are mid - late 30's. But do enjoy a good night out with a few dinks!! There are plenty of good places in Hamilton. WE took my friends 19 year old son out a couple of months bach when he was traveling out here. He thought that Hamilton was a really cool place!

antony-ryan Jun 15th 2009 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by themoores (Post 7654766)
Hi

We are in Hamilton and have been here for about 18 months. We know exactly how it feels and have only just found it starting to get easier in the last month or so.

Be happy to meet up. We do have kids tho and are mid - late 30's. But do enjoy a good night out with a few dinks!! There are plenty of good places in Hamilton. WE took my friends 19 year old son out a couple of months bach when he was traveling out here. He thought that Hamilton was a really cool place!

PM sent. :thumbsup:

littleal Jun 17th 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by themoores (Post 7654766)
Hi

I thought he'd turned 40!:p

Tan0410 Jun 19th 2009 4:37 am

Hummmm I'm with littleal with this one...under 40? I distinctly remember a very shocked face ;)

Littleal...aren't you supposed to be getting preparred for next wed or are you procrastinating like me. It's amazing what I can find the time to do when I don't want to be doing something else!

Tan0410 Jun 19th 2009 4:44 am

Anthony-ryan... I can't bear to recall how long it has been since the cricket!!!

I apologise for not having been in touch. Still waiting for our babysitter to come visit from the UK. Kids are that little bit older now so building up to accepting the offers made re: babysitting. Hard to leave then when you haven't known people for that long....

... could always bribe hubby to stop in! Let me know if anyone decides to do anything. Can't think past next Wednesday myself.

littleal Jun 19th 2009 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Tan0410 (Post 7679267)
Hummmm I'm with littleal with this one...under 40? I distinctly remember a very shocked face ;)

Littleal...aren't you supposed to be getting preparred for next wed or are you procrastinating like me. It's amazing what I can find the time to do when I don't want to be doing something else!

Yes my housework seems appealing when I'm supposed to be revising. Good luck and catch up after exams :fingerscrossed:

Tan0410 Jun 19th 2009 6:06 am

You too...although right now I'm wondering if it's worth me showing up :blink::unsure: